Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Provisional license renewal.

Options
  • 19-05-2006 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭

When you send an old (first time) Provisional license in for renewal, do they send you the old one back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

No

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Nope, otherwise they'd have everyone making forged licenses!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They might if you ask. I asked for my old passport back and they just clipped the corners and sent it back with the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭SeanW

The reason I ask is this:

A few years ago I got a provo for class A and B. (Both car and motorcycle)

but things didn't go as planned and I didn't use it at all for either. License expired last October.

Anyways, what with the restrictions on getting third licenses and all the rest, I don't want to renew more than I have to right now. I really do not want to take a second renwal and let it slip the way I did the first.

Now I'm thinking of getting a bike, and leaving all to do with cars for another time. So I'd like to apply for a renewal of the Motorcycle license now, and leave the second allowed car license for another time maybe 6 months to 2 years from now. But if I only apply to renew the motorcycle license now, and they keep my old license that had both, I won't have it to include with a future class B renewal app.

But I need to do this as I want to save my Class B renewal until I can make better use of it. In effect, I want to "split" my expired Class A and B license and be able to renew both parts at different times. Can this be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

When you renew the licence just tick the bike box, when you decide to renew the car licence they'll add that to the bike licence but the dates will be different for the 2 catagories ie - you won't lose a year of the car prov if you add it a year from now. ;)

Advertisement