Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish broadband with voip

• 19-05-2006 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

With Ripwave, what connections are available on the back?
    Can I connect a voip box via rj45? How many connections
    are available? Can I use it together with a Netopia wifi router
    from Eircom to get distributed wifi?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

LOL VOIP on Ripwave now thats a laugh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wind00ze

it would probaly be alot quicker if you actually carried the packets across yourself, :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Hello.... Hello.... Hello...
    :)

And i actually have IBB Breeze but i have to say its always perfect but ive never come accross a happy Ripwave user. In answer to the OP question the unit i believe has a usb+RJ45 connector?

And yes i would think connection it to the Netopia router would be fine via RJ45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Ok, i see... Thanks for all the replies.. :)

Ripwave: What about the ul/dl rates, what can I expect if taking the signal from RTE and living in Rathmines?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

flodis79 wrote:
    Ripwave: What about the ul/dl rates, what can I expect if taking the signal from RTE and living in Rathmines?

None going on the general consensus of ripwave users here on boards :(

i know one happy ripwave customer but he uses for browsing only no voip / downloading hes in town no idea what mast. You can alwas get it and chuck it back at them if its crap no 12month contract etc. as far as i know.

Advertisement