Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart BB

Options
  • 19-05-2006 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

At last. It's here.

Smart Broadband has finally arrived in Waterford.:D
    The offer :
    €35 per month ( including line rental )
    3 MB speed

You can't say better than that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Whats there cap ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

ahhh the myth that is a Broadband Cap, i don't know of anyone who has ever got a bill for going over their cap. I phoned up Digiweb about this before and your man on the phone let slip that they had no system to monitor user bandwidth limit even though they had a "cap" on it. And i believe him, otherwise i would have got a bill years ago! Its not enforced at all, i wouldn't worry about cap. The BB sector is becoming to competitive now for companies to enforce this, they would loose a lot of customers if they started penalising them....although it wouldn't surprise me if Eircom charge!

Anyone ever get a bill for going over their cap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Jor wrote:
    At last. It's here.

Smart Broadband has finally arrived in Waterford.:D
    The offer :
    €35 per month ( including line rental )
    3 MB speed

You can't say better than that.

Course ya can! NTL 1 Meg (€20pm)
    NTL Basic TV (€20pm)
    Blueface unilimted
    Calls to Ireland/UK (€15pm)

Total: €55

OK - €20 dearer, but you have EVERYTHING covered. Not bad, not bad at all.

But, I suppose, if you want the 3 Meg and you can download an MP3 in 10 seconds instead of 20 then Smart's the way to go.;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Too late now, got myself NTL so couldn't be bothered going through hassel of getting smart BB, much quicker job getting NTL installed anyway :)

Advertisement