Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite/Best Hosting companies

Options
  • 19-05-2006 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hello again guys

just wana get a feel for what you think the best hosting companies available.

I suppose you could compare them on Price, Reliability, Helpfulness, Careing??! Speed etc add your criteria

Do you think it is best to use an irish our foreign host

thanks again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭skorn

I went with Startlogic. I am delighted with them. Good speeds, good control panel for managing the website and good 24hr online support.
    They recieved the 100best.com host of the year for 2004 (that where I first heard of em) and again in 2005.

My website: http://www.3dimageworks.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

I found letshost.ie the most competetive by far.

What I needed when hosting a site was:

- PHP/MySQL (they give an unlimited amount of databases!)
    - low/medium bandwidth
    - decent amount of storage (2GB)
    - SSH secure
    - decent number of e-mail addresses (100)
    - anti-spam
    - good control panel
    - up to date hardware
    - server not located in north Korea

I think I got all the above plus lots more for €50 a year. I had one or two problems recently (lost passwords etc.) and they responded to my emails within two hours, including one that was sent at all hours of the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

It depends what you need it for, if it is basic php/mysql I use http://www.ifroggyhosting.com/ but I'm trying some ruby on rails developmetn at the moment so I'm using www.site5.com for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

I have two websites hosted with HostingIreland.ie, a U500 package (vanilla) and a U1000 package (mysql etc.).

I had an Oscommerce based shop up and running with minimal effort. The control panel is very easy to use.

I have found their support to be fantastic. Good support these days is very hard to find, but i've been stunned by the friendliness and responsiveness of the Hosting Ireland support team. They respond very quickly.

Advertisement