Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to see in London

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 shootinstarprod

Go see a show in the West End called "Woman In Black"....it's very,very good....creepy and excellent looking theatre....I bet you will love it!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 shutupandlisten

We Will Rock You. its amazing.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

These are dramas, not musicals, but both excellent if they're still showing
    the crucible, by arthur miller
    my name is rachel corrie - from her diaries

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

try and get to the royal albert hall. it's one of the best venues in london & there's always something worth seeing. cheaper & way better than any cheesey west end musical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭leprehaungirl

i heard billy elliot is brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Been there and back, saw Mousetrap it was very good would recomend it to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Glitter

Mary Poppins is supposed to be excellent.
    Has Avenue Q opened yet?

But I'd wait for Wicked in September if I were you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭leprehaungirl

oh yeah, my friend went to see mary poppins said it was amazing, you the set and all that!! wicked is amazing aswell i love to see that!

Wicked is beyond fabulous! I have tickets for opening night (Sept. 27th)... sad case that I am. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

See "We Will Rock You" without a doubt!!! Its amazing!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Guys and Dolls is excellent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I dont know if Chicago (probably not) is still running but I thought it was ok. Yer wan from eastenders is in it I think.

Friend of mine went to see Chicago in London a couple of weeks ago and said it was well worth seeing. I don't think yer wan from Eastenders is in it any more. :D

sturgo wrote:
    try and get to the royal albert hall. it's one of the best venues in london & there's always something worth seeing. cheaper & way better than any cheesey west end musical.

Hey! Since when are West End musicals cheesy? Sure the concept of musicals is always hard to comprehend (How could you logically explain all the towns people knowing the songs and the dances -its just doesnt make sense!) but they are certainly not cheesy! Anything but!

Hey! Since when are West End musicals cheesy? Sure the concept of musicals is always hard to comprehend (How could you logically explain all the towns people knowing the songs and the dances -its just doesnt make sense!) but they are certainly not cheesy! Anything but!

Of course you're right!!! A West End musical is surely the purest and most creative form of expression on earth. Why waste your time with that old Shakespeare crap at the Globe, when you can witness Ben Elton's complex theatrical production of We Will Rock You.
    Even the Holy Bible refers to Jesus Christ Suprtstar!

sturgo wrote:
    Of course you're right!!! A West End musical is surely the purest and most creative form of expression on earth. Why waste your time with that old Shakespeare crap at the Globe, when you can witness Ben Elton's complex theatrical production of We Will Rock You.
    Even the Holy Bible refers to Jesus Christ Suprtstar!

the sarcasm there was SO not appreciated. I wasn't being ignorant and saying that it was "the purest etc..." musicals just deserve a little more credit than you were giving them.Just because shakespeare didnt have people prancing around to modern music (or the likes..) isn't a reason to dismiss it. The point of musicals is more for the person to enjoy the night at the theatre without having to think about it (and Im stuck using cliches here..) sit back relax and enjoy the show.. Im not saying Shakespeare is not enjoyable it is VERY enjoyable (even more so when your actually acting in them..)

the sarcasm there was SO not appreciated. I wasn't being ignorant and saying that it was "the purest etc..." musicals just deserve a little more credit than you were giving them.Just because shakespeare didnt have people prancing around to modern music (or the likes..) isn't a reason to dismiss it. The point of musicals is more for the person to enjoy the night at the theatre without having to think about it (and Im stuck using cliches here..) sit back relax and enjoy the show.. Im not saying Shakespeare is not enjoyable it is VERY enjoyable (even more so when your actually acting in them..)

Relax... Where's your sense of humour??? I've nothing against musicals. I just think, (with a few rare exceptions) most west end musicals are shíte. I worked in a west end theatre and saw tonns of them (hundreds of times over). I was simply expressing my opinion. So, unless you're Andrew Loyd Webber or Mr. Mistoffelees's understudy, you needn't take offence to my views.

;-)

Hey who says Im not? Oh! Well I never! Was there ever
    A cat so clever as magical Mr. Mistoffelees..... Didnt meen to snap- think when Im trying to be nice to my own people I take it out on you people :D

Advertisement