Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

enermax liberty 500watt - quiet?

Options
  • 19-05-2006 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

just wondering what the noise levels on the enermax 500 is like??
    its for a media centre
    would it be able to power, oc'd opty146, hdd,dvdrw,+ 2 6600gt's???

i have a antec neopower 480 and got an error with nvidia saying there was not enough juice going to the gfx cards and they were throttled, so is the enermax liberty any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

They are pretty damn quiet, we sell 'em in work and I've heard one or two of them in prebuilts we've put together. While I don't have any concrete figures to support my claim, I'd imagine you'd have no problem powering that lot with one Glen. They are a great power supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

GLINE what you get your new cpu to or have you bothered ocing yet.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

So is the enermax liberty any good?

YES!!!!

Is an amazing PSU, its silent, rock stable and cranks out 22amps on each 12v rail......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

eo980 wrote:
    They are pretty damn quiet, we sell 'em in work and I've heard one or two of them in prebuilts we've put together. While I don't have any concrete figures to support my claim, I'd imagine you'd have no problem powering that lot with one Glen. They are a great power supply.

u got any in stock? u open sunday? im gonna get 1

and awhir: i wont be building the system until next week when all the parts arrive

Yeah,

Just the one left I'm afraid. I've sent you a PM.

• Advertisement

[/QUOTE}
    and awhir: i wont be building the system until next week when all the parts arrive[/QUOTE]

DOH

got the enermax liberty today
    sweet psu

thanks to eo980

hopefully i can build the new rig next weekend if all parts are in, i doubt they will be though :(

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I cant wait to see some reliable 805 benches;)

It will run like a dog at stock:D

I dare you to beat my 27 second 1M super Pi time with it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭dunco

did you plug the power cable from the psu into the gfx card, cos if dont you get the low power warning

dunco wrote:
    did you plug the power cable from the psu into the gfx card, cos if dont you get the low power warning

they are powered off the mobo, there is not power plugs on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

good to meet you also today Gline!

eo980 any more of them psu's due in ? need one too ?

eo980
    do you own a shop or somthing .

Drapper wrote:
    good to meet you also today Gline!

eo980 any more of them psu's due in ? need one too ?

good to meet you too

i can definitly recommend this psu so far

i have a enermax noisetaker 600w (got a "A" on the dfi site)and find it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

awhir wrote:
    eo980
    do you own a shop or somthing .

Yeah i was wondering that as well? I didn't know there was anywhere around the city that sold enermax's? Where is the shop you work at?

Hey Drapper,

Yup there is 10 more on order, should be in sometime hopefully in the next seven days or so.
    awhir, L31mrod - I don't own my own shop- heh I wish. The shock, the horror, I work for ........................... Peats!!!! We've been selling Enermax for years. I have a cushy job in there, I decide what we're going to order in and where from. In the past it was non tech heads who decided what to get in. We have 805's due in on Tuesday! Heh, bet most people in the shop will pass them by cause 'They only run at 2.66Ghz!'.

eo980 wrote:
    Heh, bet most people in the shop will pass them by cause 'They only run at 2.66Ghz!'.

yeh true.. but the REAL techies will know their worth ;)
    Although im not a major fan of peats prices.... you cant beat the service in there and the fact you can pick it up and not have to wait/pay for shipping, just ring up to confirm stock before you go there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

eo980 wrote:
    Hey Drapper,

Yup there is 10 more on order, should be in sometime hopefully in the next seven days or so.
    awhir, L31mrod - I don't own my own shop- heh I wish. The shock, the horror, I work for ........................... Peats!!!! We've been selling Enermax for years. I have a cushy job in there, I decide what we're going to order in and where from. In the past it was non tech heads who decided what to get in. We have 805's due in on Tuesday! Heh, bet most people in the shop will pass them by cause 'They only run at 2.66Ghz!'.

Thanks for the info mate! I'd a gree with Gline, somethines you can get stuff in Peats for a decent price when you take the online shipping costs into consideration! might hold on for the PSU so ............ (btw I got the cd you send me a while back :-) )

Advertisement