Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW 1.9TDI 110 bhp issues ?

Options
  • 19-05-2006 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

A question for all the diesel experts:

Are there any specific issues on the now "old" TDI (red i) 110 bhp VAG Diesel.

Might be looking at a 01 car with 78000 miles.

Is that engine good for twice that? (regularly maintained, of course)
    What are the timing belt intervals?
    Is it more / less/equally reliable as the 90 bhp variant?
    Any specific known weak points for that engine?

Thanks again for all your input !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

peasant wrote:
    A question for all the diesel experts:

Are there any specific issues on the now "old" TDI (red i) 110 bhp VAG Diesel.

Might be looking at a 01 car with 78000 miles.

Is that engine good for twice that? (regularly maintained, of course)
    What are the timing belt intervals?
    Is it more / less/equally reliable as the 90 bhp variant?
    Any specific known weak points for that engine?

!

if well serviced theyll go for 300k the taxi men will say. lovely engine. very economical. my understanding is timing belt should be done on 60k. There isnt much difference between the 110 and 90 powerplant wise. the difference i believe is the chip and ecu mapping. what price u getting it for.??
    I would make sure that all the ball joints are checked. there was a farily known issue with a rattle that would appear allright after 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

what price u getting it for.??

Can't say yet ...only just spotted it ...may not even be there anymore

But will surely let you know if and when !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

tred wrote:
    There isnt much difference between the 110 and 90 powerplant wise. the difference i believe is the chip and ecu mapping.

The 110 has a variable vane turbocharger and different injectors. The variable vane turbo is more prone to breakdown because of the extra moving parts, but it still should last the course.

Apart from the mass airflow meter I really have never heard of any great problems and I know a good few people with them.

Advertisement