Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dsl filters.

• 20-05-2006 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Just wonder I play alot of online games, now I never used dsl filters before, is it better to use the filters or not, I only have one socket in the house and dont use the phone ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

you only need the filter if you want the phone to be used as well,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah can someone actually help me with this, whenever a phone is picked up in my house, the BB disconnects...BB is plugged into seconadry phone line upstairs, main phone line downstairs...where do I put the filter? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

HavoK wrote:
    Yeah can someone actually help me with this, whenever a phone is picked up in my house, the BB disconnects...BB is plugged into seconadry phone line upstairs, main phone line downstairs...where do I put the filter? :o
    The filters must be put on every phone/device connected to the line regardless of what socket they're plugged into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

kaizersoze wrote:
    The filters must be put on every phone/device connected to the line regardless of what socket they're plugged into.
    Everything except the DSL modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Trying to solve this problem with dsl filters in parents house

Just got broadband

Have 3 phone sockets upstairs, downstairs and attic

Downstairs phone has an answering machine & there is a splitter for this and the phone cords.

Put a filter on the upstairs phone and in the attic, where PS is connected to. However every time I put the adsl line in at the phone socket beside PC the phones go dead???

Also do I have to use the adsl microfilter and then put the splitter into the tel socket so I can put both the answering machine line and phone line in

confusing I know hope I explained it clearly

anyone help

• Advertisement

kaizersoze wrote:

I only have one phone connected to the line - the rest are cordless ones running off the main one, so theres only the two phone lines - the one for the phone, and the one the modem is plugged into - so do I just put the filter on the downstairs (main phone) line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

HavoK wrote:
    I only have one phone connected to the line - the rest are cordless ones running off the main one, so theres only the two phone lines - the one for the phone, and the one the modem is plugged into - so do I just put the filter on the downstairs (main phone) line?
    Yes. Some cordless phones are known to cause problems with BB, particularly the DECT cordless phones. If you still have a problem after putting on the filter, get a normal wired phone and plug it in in place of the cordless (with the filter still in place) and see if it still disconnects.

Thanks Kaizer :)

Advertisement