Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC new(ish) gallery

Options
  • 20-05-2006 12:38am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭

anyone been up to the new gluckmann gallery in ucc? My friend tried to tell me tis a waste of time, but he wouldnt appreciate a well drawn stick man, not to mind say anything more interesting. i was gonna wander out along some time

(though a well drawn stickman can convey a lot)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

There was a William Blake exhibition awhile back, if you like art then its certainly worth going. The architecture is very cool and won some big awards, its worth a visit for that alone in my opinion. Theres also a restaurant/cafe downstairs which is meant to be good (I haven't been there).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's a really great space, and has held some exhibitions in the short time it's been open. The cafe/restaurant is also really nice with a nice view onto the fields along the river

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Ya I have visited it before, strolled down there with my friend (she into art) when i was up in ucc studying, thought it was ok. Well impressed with the building itself and the lift though(so big):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i don't like it, it looks ugly.. the walk down by the river in ucc though, i knew it was there, i'd just never been down there before, its nice and peaceful down there..

Advertisement