Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clive Barnes

• 20-05-2006 4:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Anybody here know of him? He's an Irish blues guitarist/singer. Just wondering if anyone knew if he had any gigs coming up in dublin or surrounding area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

http://www.clivebarnes.com/
    Have three of his albums, one is live. Very good. Saw him at Blackstairs blues fest a few years ago. He reminds me a lot of Kelly Joe Phelps stuff but bluesier in a way.
    No tour dates on the site, though I know he played Galway recently, Best bet is to email him or his mgt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Yeah, I know the site, thanks though. He's pretty good yeah. I was just wondering if he was playing anywhere around soon. If hear he's playing I'll put up a post in the gigs thread, anyone else who hears do the same please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭Scoual

Hi,
    Clive will be playing the Waltons guitar festival in july.

http://www.guitarfestivalofireland.com/

and i think that waltons is giving away some tickets on their site

cheers
    Scoual

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tolcreator

Clive always gives a great gig... if you can find them! I always seem to learn about them at the last minute. And his site still has had no gig dates for the whole year... despite the fact that he has played!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Floody3shoes

I contacted Clive and he sent me these dates and a bit more, check out the Other Voices link below.:D

30th June
    The Bailey Live (Launch of a killer new venue)
    Enniscorthy
    Co. Wexford

5th July
    Renards
    Dublin
    Concert as part of The Guitar Festival of Ireland www.gfi.ie

6th July
    Royal Irish Academy of Music
    Dublin 10pm start
    Workshop... www.gfi.ie

16th July
    Heather House Hotel
    Bray
    Co. Wicklow
    Bray Summerfest 11:30pm doors at 11pm

28th July
    The Crean
    Galway

9th August
    Dolans
    Limerick
    Double Bill with Jeffrey Foucault www.jeffreyfoucault.com

10th August
    The Cobblestone
    Smithfield
    Dublin

12th August
    The Bailey Live
    Enniscorthy
    Co. Wexford

13th August
    Cleeres Theatre
    Kilkenny

15th August
    Ocean Cove Hotel
    Kilkee
    Co. Clare

Other Voices 3 Appearance, View it here with Real Player
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/othervoices/20050522otherv.html

Acoustic Guitar Magazine USA Album of The Year 2002, Read artical here
    http://www.acousticguitar.com/issues/ag115/HomegrownWinners.html

Clive Barnes endorses Gibson Guitars and Elixir Strings

Clive Barnes has been slowly gaining a worldwide reputation as one of the finest Lapslide/Regular acoustic guitarist and songwriters on todays scene. Having released four critically acclaimed albums, Recorded with Joe Cocker, Taj Mahal and Eric Bibb,three sold out US tours, tours of France, Germany and the UK and various awards, Including Album of the Year 2002 in the US magazine 'Acoustic Guitar',

Clive's talents as a guitarist have been employed by some of the most respected musicians working today,like Blues Legend Taj Mahal Grammy winning songwriter Jim Lauderdale,Nashville Bluegrass Flat picking legend Steve Kaufman, Joe Cocker and most recently New York Singer/Songwriter Eric Bibb who took Clive on tour in Europe and the UK last year.
    Regularly playing in front of crowds of up to 20,000 a night on the Europe festival circuit with Eric Bibb,(Photos here http://www.flickr.com/photos/vendranstock/sets/864794/ ) Clive also got to play with some other hero's on that tour including Blues Legend Taj Mahal and Joe Cocker. Clive has just finished recording Eric's latest album due out in 2006
    He has also toured with David Crosby, Tony Joe White, Joe Ely, Dr. John, The Blind Boys of Alabama, Joe Cocker, Taj Mahal, Solomon Burke, Terry Callier, Garth Hudson (The Band) Rodrigo Y Gabriela and Peter Green.

Clive's own concerts are not to be missed with RTE Television critic Harry Guerin writing after witnessing Clive in Vicar Street Dublin, "Clive is a lap slide guitarist who can make one acoustic sound like six, Barnes transported the entire, hushed venue across the Atlantic to where the paths taken by the Delta Blues, Tom Waits and Bruce Springsteen all led to his own special territory. Balancing intensity with between song banter that would challenge any stand-up, Barnes' four songs were a revelation, and with each one you could hear him shrugging off more and more of his 'best kept secret' status."

In May 2005 Clive appeared on RTE 2 Television's acclaimed music show Other Voices Songs from a Room 3 with an incredible performance recorded in the Church of St James Dingle.

www.clivebarnes.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 DerekZoolander

he is playing in Cyprus Avenue on the 7th of may 2008... but the even better news is that he is playing with Andy Mckee and if you've never heard of Andy Mckee check him out on youtube two unreal songs drifting and for my father. reckon it'll be an unreal gig and its only 12 euro!!!

Advertisement