Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nurturing or giving time

Options
  • 20-05-2006 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

Do you have to do anything special with players when your assistant tells you to nurture a player to "harness" his fantastic ability or give him time to develop.

Does he mean not to make him a first team regular and make him play a good lot of U19 soccer or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

wat i do in this case is when i'm playingsome1 in the bottom 5 or 6 maybe stick them on the bench and give them 10-15 mins at the end of each game or the odd 2nd half if thy bottom 3... then when ya come up against crap teams like in the league cup, in friendlies or games after winning the league are good games to start them and take them off before the end! ease them in.. thats wat i do...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

once i did that with John O' Shea in an older version of CM and he became unreal. If they young give them time over a season or 2 to play broken football before they are first team regulars. Works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Nice to know. What I was doing was i played kerlon in the first few games possible, he did well and score about 9 goals but got a few niggly injuriesaswell , then i dropped him into the u19, let him score loads of goals. Now I have him back in the first team and im going to sub him into games.

What about leaving him in the u19 and called him up as a sub for the first team, would that be too demanding?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

id have given him a full season in the reserves or youth team and then the next season give him the first half of the season in the reserves/youth team and then call him up to the 1st team for the 2nd half of the season and leave him there!

Advertisement