Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inter Milan under Investigation

• 20-05-2006 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭

Inter enter UEFA referee row
    Saturday 20 May, 2006
    Inter are also involved in the growing scandal after allegations Pierluigi Pairetto informed them in advance of Champions League referees.

One of the first issues that struck former Juventus director general Luciano Moggi in this investigation was the fact that designator Pairetto had told him the name of the referees assigned to their European games up to two weeks ahead of kick-off.

Under UEFA rules, clubs are not supposed to know who will officiate their ties until 48 hours before the match and Pairetto was reprimanded for that action.

According to new telephone interceptions quoted in today’s ‘Gazzetta dello Sport,’ Inter President Facchetti was also informed of the referees assigned to two of their Champions League group games in advance.

The phone calls, made in September 2004, see Pairetto confirming that Urs Meier has been assigned to the big game against Valencia and Kyros Vassaras for the Anderlecht encounter.

“I made them put Meier in for the second game, because that was the most important for you,” Pairetto was quoted as saying in the alleged telephone conversation. “I picked him, as he is a very reliable referee. Valencia is a tough atmosphere.”

The conversation took place on September 14, two weeks before Vassaras was officially assigned to the 3-1 win against Anderlecht and over a month before Swiss referee Meier officiated Inter’s 5-1 victory at Valencia’s Mestalla stadium.

Channel 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Funny to see Inter's record even with the (supposed) help of referee's.

Imagine how badly they'd have done without this (supposed) help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Meier? Oh no, the english papers will love that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

So the big three in Italy all in trouble now, could be a very interesting few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

along with Lazio and a few others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Adriano to the pool maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i'd hate to see him at liverpool. much prefer toni.

anyway, theres no way in hell juve,inter,ac and fiorentina will be relegated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Meier? Oh no, the english papers will love that.
    In this case I don't think the ref did anything wrong. He was assigned to the match because he was unlikely to be swayed by the Valencia crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

If they all get relegated to Seris B, then everyone will watch Seris B instead next season.

Italian football is a shambles at the minute and I can't see how they are going to sort this mess out.

All Italian teams should be banned from European football for a few seasons, for a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

They may well be relegated this year. Berlusconi's not in power anymore, and so there's no guardian angel for the dodgy clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

dcarroll wrote:
    Adriano to the pool maybe?

If he was leaving I'd doubt he'd go to Liverpool, more likely go to one of europes top teams.

Im quessing Chelsea or Barcelona

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    If he was leaving I'd doubt he'd go to Liverpool, more likely go to one of europes top teams.

Im quessing Chelsea or Barcelona

I agree totally, i cant see him going to Liverpool when all the top clubs such as Barca and Real would be after him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'd say Adriano will leave after the world cup no matter what happens to Inter. He hasn't been playing well since Christmas from what I've seen and apparantly he's not to happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

anyone else get the feeling that we are only seeing the tip of iceberg in Italy. Actually wouldn't surprise me if they al got relegated for the next season and some sort of Euro sanctions were imposed upon Italian teams in Europe.

Advertisement