Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firmware for PSP games Daxter & Syphon Filter

• 20-05-2006 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Hi,

My PSP currently runs on Firmware 2.0

Will the games Daxter & Syphon Filter (US import) run on 2.0 or will I have to upgrade?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You will need to upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

But who in their right mind wants to upgrade from 2.0?

There are a few homebrew app's out there that should let you load the games up. Just check pspupdates.qj and the usual sites for info on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

You will have to upgrade for both. They're both very good games though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

You should downgrade to 1.5 and use run umd to launch both games. With 1.5 you can enjoy almost fullspeed snes, megadrive, NES, NE0-GEO Emulators and a whole lot more. Read here for more info

http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=49762

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ah here they dont work on 1.5 either, ud have to go throught this long GAY process . PRX gayness

2.7 all the way baby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

You 2.7'ers are missing out on what us 2.0/1.5 users have!

:P

Im hoping that Sony might reverse their attempts to lock down PSP Homebrew seeing as though they are going to support it with the PS3 ^_^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

syphon filter and daxter 2.6

filter is a great game, havent played daxter but filter was well worth the import

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Daxter is the best platformer I've played in a while. I've a review of it over on the reviews forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

I've played Daxter on 1.5

No messing about with PRXs at all at all. Wasn't all that impressed. I only played it for about three days before giving it back to the lad who loaned me it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Winters wrote:
    But who in their right mind wants to upgrade from 2.0?

There are a few homebrew app's out there that should let you load the games up. Just check pspupdates.qj and the usual sites for info on them.
    Yup, check out either DevHook (downgrade to 1.5 needed) or RunUMD (same).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭juanjo

downgrade to 1.5, and use devhook 0.41 (0.41d is the last version) to emulate the 2.5 firmware and u'll be a ble to play those games. confirmed.

AND NEVER UPGRADE!

Advertisement