Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An idea:

Options
  • 20-05-2006 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just reading a few articles about people fibbing about not being able to compete with enormous websites on the net when a lightbulb appeared at the top of my head.... lol

I have an idea:
    Lets face it, we all have websites that we break our backs to try and make successful... Even advertising doesnt work for us all because of the cost... Grasp this:

How about we create an advertising site (those who cannot get visitors) and have a yokey like that ifroggy thing you can get on the top of all our pages.
    We could make it free for ALL. So therefore EVERYONE would want to join it. This way, if all the sites with no visitors are together, and one site amazingly starts to get visitors because of this site; these visitors can be passed on and on to our sites??

What do yaz think? It wouldnt involve much time would it???

I think it isnt too bad an idea. And sure who cares if the domain or whatever is a free one?

Please let me know your thoughts and comments about this; wether or not you are willing to join such a programme.

Thanks all and again, i love the site,

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

da4i's wrote:
    We could make it free for ALL. So therefore EVERYONE would want to join it. This way, if all the sites with no visitors are together, and one site amazingly starts to get visitors because of this site; these visitors can be passed on and on to our sites??

and how does that work? What you just posted up is pretty much covered by Google Search Engine and mutual linking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭AngryAnderson

:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

i think he's taking about some kind of banner exchange program such as these http://www.hotscripts.com/search/10260284.html

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Advertise Ireland is just that for Irish websites

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

Gosh wrote:
    Advertise Ireland is just that for Irish websites

I've just had a look at this site. Has anyone used it before and is it worth a try?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

i used it before on an old site i had about 2 years ago didn't seem to work then, dunno bout now though

Advertisement