Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Derry City vs Cork City .. live on Setanta Sports 7.45pm Saturday 20th May

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

In other EL news Pats and Longford called off.

Bugger needed to try keep with the top 4, guess they pull away now.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

It will be tough for Cork City tonight. A big hostile crowd and Cork don't have a great record in the Brandywell.

CorkCity's lineout will prob be

Devine
    Murphy
    Benno
    Murray
    Lordan
    Roy
    Joe
    George
    Softic
    Flynny
    Fenny

Derry City's lineout prob

Forde
    Hargan
    McCallion
    Pizza
    Oman
    McCourt
    Doherty
    martyn
    Brennan
    O'Flynn
    McHugh/Farren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

1-0 Derry OG Murphy 41 min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

2-0 Derry Martyn 55 min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Didn't see the game, but a great result for Derry.

They're chugging along nicely, but this win should put them in the spotlight which has been hogged mainly by Drogheda this season.

• Advertisement

Derry will win the league /my tip anyhoos.

Should have it last season but failed in one game. They should learn from that this season. Corks away form is fairly poor but they doing an Arsenal have only one focus and thats getting into the CL proper.

Can you blame them?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

good win for Derry and they were the better side. They are always very tough to beat in the Brandywell and they will be there or tehreabouts come the end of the season.

KdjaC wrote:
    Corks away form is fairly poor but they doing an Arsenal have only one focus and thats getting into the CL proper.

Can you blame them?

Yes, cos they haven't a hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Derry are going along quite nicely this season. :) I think they can win the title. Stephen Kenny has got a good squad together and they will learn from Cork last year.

Zebra3 wrote:
    Yes, cos they haven't a hope.

They have a s much hope as anyone, technically if fit they have 10 of the best EL players. When the window opens they bring 2 or 3 more, for a team doing badly they still there or there abouts.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Nice and all as that sounds KDJAC, I wouldnt be too optimistic. the fact that City are unseeded, leaves a manky draw a possibility - Georgia, Cyprus are possibilities.

I would be hoping for Icelandic or Maltese opposition.

Back on topic. Boo hiss. Rico out. City for relegation, and various other over reactions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

gimmick wrote:

Back on topic. Boo hiss. Rico out. City for relegation, and various other over reactions!

Dont forget. GOC always bottles it in the big games and always does well against the **** teams!

KdjaC wrote:
    They have a s much hope as anyone, technically if fit they have 10 of the best EL players. When the window opens they bring 2 or 3 more, for a team doing badly they still there or there abouts.

Cork have no hope of making the CL proper.

Just take a look at this link:
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seedcl2006.html

Still reckon they'll get to the group stages?

Dont forget. GOC always bottles it in the big games and always does well against the **** teams!

Im assuming that is a joke, ya?

yea.

Zebra3 wrote:

christ. i would hate to be drawn against fiorentina. Osuasuana wouldnt be great either. Some decent unseeded teams in their.

Zebra3 wrote:

I would like them to get beat 6-0 6-0 but they are best equipped team to make it. All they need is a decent draw and they could make it. I think that this is all they are playing for they know they cant compete on both fronta around that time and if the FAI pay all travel costs again, they could make a few quid along the way.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    I think that this is all they are playing for they know they cant compete on both fronta around that time

What? City are near the top of the table, and have every intention of retaining the league title. Played awful so far this season, and still in with a bloody good shout.

That said, I am quite happy to see City being written off. Hopefully that mindset is with the various managers also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

gimmick wrote:
    What? City are near the top of the table, and have every intention of retaining the league title. Played awful so far this season, and still in with a bloody good shout.

That said, I am quite happy to see City being written off. Hopefully that mindset is with the various managers also!
    Same as myself with regards to Shels. Not playing well, yet only 4 points off the pace (2 behind Cork with a game in hand), with 23 games to go that's hardly unassailable! So far I think Derry look the most impressive, results-wise anyways! :)

I think Cork'll do well in Europe this year, at the very least putting in a good fight in QR2. Best of luck to them I say!

As for the rsult t'other night - I didn't see the game - but it made me smile! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

... including another Reynolds atrocity
    http://bohsnews.crispynews.com/article/show/4580

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Everybody loves Alan Reynolds.

KdjaC wrote:
    I would like them to get beat 6-0 6-0 but they are best equipped team to make it. All they need is a decent draw and they could make it. I think that this is all they are playing for they know they cant compete on both fronta around that time and if the FAI pay all travel costs again, they could make a few quid along the way.

kdjac

Firstly, Cork's squad is too small.

Secondly, they can't score away from home in the league which doesn't bode well for getting away goals in Europe.

Advertisement