Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card advice

Options
  • 20-05-2006 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

This one here is within my budget for a graphics card, and its PCI Express which I want. Can someone tell me if it will play at least a few of the modernish games out at the moment, without much difficulty? Theres a few reviews there but Id like a few more. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

That card will do just fine in modern games as long as you have the processor etc. to match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

ive that card its very good games like half life 2, fear, and oblivion all max settings with a resolution of 1028x1024@75Hz and no slow down. buy it u wont be dissapointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I got told this
    card is a good option for less than €200 budget, it outperforms the 6800gs/gtblahblah etc models apprently, and is alot cheaper.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

The 7600gt is a great card, its better than a 6800gt and is very overclockable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thanks, will stick with that one so :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

If you havent already bought it get the Gainward "golden sample" edition.

It has 1.2ns ram which is the same speed ram used on the X1800Xt so it could reach speeds of 1.8ghz:eek:

Advertisement