Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time limit to editing posts

Options
  • 20-05-2006 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

what is the time limit to edit your posts i went back to change the post about a galway beers and i couldn't. just wondering what the story was and if it was possible to change it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Think it is about 2-3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thought it was 24 hours myself

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

48 hours iirc.

This was implemented to stop people going back and changing their posts two weeks into a thread, and turning the whole thing into nonsense, as some people do.

Two days was deemed at the time, to be plenty of time to make any necessary changes or the delete the post. After that amount of time, it's reasonable to assume that you're happy with the post.

For stuff like you want to do, you'll need to ask a mod or smod to make the change for you.

Advertisement