Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Linen Linen Everywhere!!

• 20-05-2006 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

This is something I have to get off my chest.

Why do the shops insist on wasting valuable floor space on linen clothes that make you look like a crumped pillow!!!! It's half of Penneys, Dunnes, all the shops. Grrr!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Because linen is all 50 year old women seem to wear in the summer! (I don't care if that's a stereotype, it's true!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'd say even younger than 50, late 30's, 40's wear it... skirts, shirts, trousers, cropped pants, sleeveless tops....coming to an airport near you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I cant stand linen! I totally understand dudara..... uch I really hate it

[I'm so gonna be posting in 20 years time about how wonderful linen is:(]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i like sorting out the linen section in my shop. its quite soothing

i got a linen cotton blend skirt from dorothy perkins last year and i love it so. but then i live in the wrinkled look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Linen pants are superb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, I got linen trousers lately and they don't get wrinkled much at all. Dark colour though so maybe that helps. Anything from Penney's and Dunne's is likely to be of the lowest quality, though, I'd say. Their cotton stuff is pretty terrible imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Linen shirts, with the sleeves rolled up are very nice indeed.For guys anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Penney's linen looks awful. Or at least on the hangers.

I do have a pale green per una linen blazer I got last summer which I love. I also have my eye on a lovely black linen skirt in awear.

Most the linen in the shops though is cream/ white/ beige, which I think looks horrible.

Advertisement