Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pre-Season Fixtures 2006-07

• 20-05-2006 7:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

Just thought I would start a thread on pre-season friendlies. I have listed below some that are already announced. If you know of any others you might post them.

LIVERPOOL

vs Crewe Alexandra (A) Sat 22 July — 3pm

MANCHESTER UNITED
    vs Orlando Pirates (Durban) Sat 15 July — 2pm BST
    vs Kaizer Chiefs (Cape Town) Tues 18 July — 7pm BST
    vs Kaizer Chiefs/Orlando Pirates (Pretoria) Sat 22 July — 2pm BST
    vs Galatasaray (Amsterdam Tournament) Fri 04 Aug — 6pm BST
    vs Ajax (Amsterdam Tournament) Sat 05 Aug — 8.15 BST

CELTIC
    vs Everton (H) Sun 23 July

CHELSEA
    vs Feyenoord (A) Tues 08 Aug — 6pm BST
    vs Major League All-Stars, Sat 05 Aug

MIDDLESBROUGH
    vs Rangers (A) Sat 22 July — 3pm
    vs Feyenoord (A) Sun 06 Aug
    vs TBA Sat 12 Aug

BARCELONA
    Tour of USA and Mexico — 4 Matches — 1-13 Aug

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Only one that matters to me - the Bergkamp testimonial at Ashburton Grove!

(well, that and the CL qualifiers...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

anyone know of any clubs playing West Coast USA from mid august on?
    i am just going to miss Barca by ten days and last lime liverpool, celtic did USA i was west coast and they were EC, very upsetting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Sheffield Wednesday

US Tour
    Wilmington Hammerheads (Saturday 15th July),
    USL First Division All-Stars (Wednesday 19th July)
    Rochester Raging Rhinos (Saturday 22nd July).

Mansfield Town 26th July,
    Middlesbrough at Hillsborough on Saturday 29th July.
    Burton Albion 31st July.

WTID

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Liverpool have confirmed their first pre-season game will be against Wrexham on July 15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

CELTIC are set to unveil an extensive programme of pre-season games which will take them to Poland and the east coast of America.

Gordon Strachan's side also line up against Everton at Parkhead, and could test themselves against Premiership giants Manchester United and Chelsea.

The United and Chelsea games are still at the planning stage. But chief executive Peter Lawwell was able to confirm the foreign trips expected to kick- off in Poland on July 4.

He said: "We will play three Major League Soccer sides in America, and we're also very excited about the games with Wisla Krakow and Legia Warsaw in Poland.

"We then face Everton, and we think now, Manchester United at Parkhead also."

Leading Mexican club Chivas of Guadalajara have reported they will be one of the teams playing Celtic in New York on July 15.

25/05/06

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/sport/6026410.html

That's a lot of matches against decent opposition. 3 premiership clubs, 2 Polish teams, 1 Mexican and 3 American teams. Bloody hell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Just to confirm Celtic's:

July 4: v Legia Warsaw (KO TBC)
    July 6: v Wisla Krakow (KO TBC)

July 12: v DC United, Washington (7.30pm local time)
    July 16: Match TBC v South American opposition, Philadelphia (4pm local time)
    July 19: v New England Revolution, Boston (7.30pm local time)

July 23: v Everton (Celtic Park) (2pm)
    July 26: v Manchester United (Celtic Park) (7.45pm)
    August 9: v Chelsea (Stamford Bridge) (7.45pm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Spurs:

22 July (A) v Birmingham
    30 July (H) v Inter Milan

Want to try and get to the Inter game, but there's a gang of Spurs on the p*ss in Cork that weekend and I'm heading down.

Which reminds me, and Spurs fans wanting a weekend of debauchery with your fellow Yids give me a shout, starting in Dublin on the 28th then the train to Cork the morning of the 29th. Looks like there'll be a good gang coming over from the UK along with 5/6 Dubs and a few Leesiders providing the hospitality and local knowledge (i.e. talking us out of rows...:D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Only one that matters to me - the Bergkamp testimonial at Ashburton Grove!

Exactly
    No surprise it's Ajax but they could also have had Milan
    (much better game :o )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

The Kaiserslautern -vs- Liverpool friendly on Saturday 29 July will be shown live on British Eurosport. I think it's a 5pm k.o.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Man Utd tour of S Africa is live on MUTV.

And also on Wed 26th July @7:45pm CELTIC V MAN UTD is Live on FIVE

Also keep an eye here for updated TV coverage of all pre season fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Just a wee note to let the Liverpool fans know that the match vs Grasshoppers Zürich on Tuesday, 1st August is live on Five. Handy form people with a Sky UK FTV card. Unfortunately, it has an early 4pm K.O. (our time).

The match on Saturday Kaiserslautern vs Liverpool seems to have been moved from British Eurosport to Eurosport International. If you only have Sky Digital you won't receive this channel. If you have Eurosport on cable, I think International is the version that's broadcast. Oh, it has a 5pm K.O.

Advertisement