Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siberian Husky

Options
  • 20-05-2006 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hey what up i have been searching for a siberian husky for a couple of months now and posted alot of stuff on the net. a guy got back to me today with one for sale but she is 1 year old and has no papers. it sounds a bit dodgy but i think was just to lazy to get her registered. he has the details of the parents so i could track it down. what u guys think. he is looking for 400 for it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Hi,

is she vacc'd, wormed and/or chipped? I think that 400 is steep for a non IKC reg's dog. Also, why is he selling her? Alot of dogs get nicked so be careful from whom you buy.

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Track down the parents and see. Looks like a lovely dog, she is really cute

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Even if the dog isn't stolen, I'd still be wary.

If the seller is a breeder, then he probably wasn't able to sell the dog as a pup for some reason. That reason would in all likelihood have been a dodgy one with such a sought after breed.

If the seller is a privat person he just wants to get rid of the dog ...yet again probably for a reason.The dog might have behavioral or health issues.
    If it was a healthy, loved and well behaved animal, it would either not go at all or for free to a good, checked home if circumstances no longer allowed keeping it.

Somebody has seen the "I want" look in your eyes and is trying to pull a fast one on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Maby there is something wrong with her eg hip displacia etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If you have the slightest feeling it's dodgy avoid it like the plague mabey someone here can recommend a good, responsible genuine breeder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

Is that the only picture you have, because it looks a lot younger than a one year old to me.

I too would be suspicious. My initial thought was that if you've been looking for the past couple of months, you've obviously enquired of this guy before. Where has he suddenly got his hands on a 1 year old dog. If you can verify through a microchip that its not stolen, and can trace the parents it could be ok. €400 might seem like a lot for a non IKC dog, but if its the dog you want, well then its not that big of a price. We paid €700 for ours with papers, but at the end of the day if the dog is purebred, and you don't intend breeding, the piece of paper is worthless. The guy we bought ours off, said that non-registered huskies were changing hands for up to €500. I think he has also had one or two stolen. There was a recent article in a newspaper saying that dogs were been stolen to order in the North East.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

can I ask you if this dog has 2 different colour eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

Irish-Lass wrote:
    can I ask you if this dog has 2 different colour eyes

Mine has two different coloured eyes, or was it this dog you were particularly curious about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 denver

Are Huskies that difficult to get in Ireland? I only ask because I love these dogs so much (I have 2) and am currently living in the US where they are probably the most common type of dogs in rescues/pounds. What about getting one from the UK or the EU? Probably too expensive. They are wonderful dogs though, just as long as you own a good hoover to deal with the hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 greystoke

topdog8 wrote: »
    but i think was just to lazy to get her registered. he has the details of the parents so i could track it down. what u guys think. he is looking for 400 for it

my sibe cost 1000euro, there is no breeder who is too lazy to get their dogs registered.
    most good breeders will put an endorsment on bitch sibes so they cant be used for puppy farms hence u will get no papers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭whitser

topdog8 wrote: »
    Hey what up i have been searching for a siberian husky for a couple of months now and posted alot of stuff on the net. a guy got back to me today with one for sale but she is 1 year old and has no papers. it sounds a bit dodgy but i think was just to lazy to get her registered. he has the details of the parents so i could track it down. what u guys think. he is looking for 400 for it
    tell him thaks but no thanks. buy a pup from a decent breeder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jenpup

it looks like you aren't specifically looking for a puppy or that you aren't too worried about papers - Have you looked into rehoming one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Erm, this is a *really* old thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jenpup

Glowing wrote: »
    Erm, this is a *really* old thread!

:eek: must learn to check dates before I reply :D

Advertisement