Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Connection Sharing between PC's using USB

Options
  • 20-05-2006 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

I'm working with a machine which, I have just twigged, doesn't have ethernet. It does have USB and I have a USB A-A cable which I could conceivably connect to another Internet-enabled machine.

Does anyone know of any software which could do the job? The best I can come up with so far is simple file transfer.

Or am I that out of touch that such additonal software isn't needed above and beyond what MS Windows ICS has to offer. I've never had the need to use it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

OK. It seems that it isn't a flyer since the machines don't event recognise each other when they are attached via USB AA cable.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

unless it's a special cable with a bulge in the middle for electronics
    think of the bulge as two usb network cards and a crossover cable

AND you have installed the network drivers specific to that cable it ain't gonna happen.

Advertisement