Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECDL in Waterford

• 20-05-2006 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Does anyone know where ECDL tests can be done in Waterford?
    Just finishing up in college and want to show I know my way around a computer (it'd be nice to have on CV too).
    I don't actually want to do the course just the tests.
    Any ideas let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Surely the fact that you have completed a college course would be sufficient for any employer to know that you can find your way around MS Word and click on a mouse.

I doubt they would be too impressed with the ECDL certificate tbh, not to say it wouldn't do any harm but the cost in sitting exams would outweigh the purpose in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

I did it with FÁS years ago. It's waaaaay too basic

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭lost_for_words

hmmm bit of a waste so.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

To be honest the ECDL is abit of a waste, its far far too basic and if you've been using PC's for awhile at all you'll find doing the course boring as hell and the whole thing a waste of time.
    Most employers don't see it as a big thing to have on a CV imho as its so common now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I did the tests only to get an exemption for a night-class. Did mine in Raheen Multimedia Centre in Co. Wexford but there was a place in Ballybeg which ran ECDL tests too. Search for ECDL centres who do walk-in tests.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Star*

I agree with Cabaal, most employers don't see as a big issue if you have it on your cv or not.

This is because in this day and age almost everyone at some point in their schooling has had access to a pc.

And if they haven't, the company themselves have no problem in training the person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah there is no real point in getting it if you have been through collage. If you still want to though, they do it in Quantum computer training aand consultancy on teh park road,thats a good place. They also do it in my school the Abbey commuinitty collage over in ferrybank ,although i think you might have to do the whole course there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mags82

did you try the place down on bridge street ye know where the green bank cake shop was there they do computer courses ecdl and the ecdl advance among others

Advertisement