Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What car is this?

Options
  • 20-05-2006 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

129457158_3c8b2daa28.jpg

at the recent 1916 event in Dublin... the President of Ireland...

The door handles don't look like a those on the Mercedes CLS, so maybe it's a Maybach?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

Citroen C6 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Long Wheel Base Merc S-Class me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

greglo23 wrote:
    Citroen C6 i think
    how the hell did you think that.

its the presidents longwheel base s class 06 model

yep. Fletch is dead right !

greglo23 wrote:
    yep. Fletch is dead right !
    yes and i was also right:mad:

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:

dont see the president much down around Shandon :D

greglo23 wrote:
    dont see the president much down around Shandon :D

hehehe, i know because i seen the car leaving her house on paddys day.they were showing it on telly.its a lovely car but MAD expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

greglo23 wrote:
    Citroen C6 i think

wow, just googled that actually looks ok, but the high rear lights and citroen grill mean that
    only the french president would be seen in in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

S350 longwheel base, herself and Bertie got one each.

Bought from MDL by GSA for a little over €110000. They usually go for €123k.

S350 longwheel base, herself and Bertie got one each.

the car just looks amazing. my uncle ordered the s500 lwb,so cannot wait to drive that

• Advertisement

S350 longwheel base, herself and Bertie got one each..
    Is Berties a LWB? Are LWB versions badged S350L cause Berties isn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

When I first saw the picture, I thought it was a Maybach.

I prefer this version to the previous S Class. It looks a bit more grown up or something.

fletch wrote:
    i never knew bertie had a s class

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nice for a change to see our government can haggle a discount with the tax payer's money.

drdre wrote:
    i never knew bertie had a s class
    Yes he just took delivery of a nice S350, which I've sat in! :D Class car

fletch wrote:
    Yes he just took delivery of a nice S350, which I've sat in! :D Class car
    very good, were you in his exact car.:)

drdre wrote:
    very good, were you in his exact car.:)
    Yep...don't tell him that though :D

fletch wrote:
    Yep...don't tell him that though :D
    hehehhe:p
    i wonot tell him

• Registered Users Posts: 65,415 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote:
    Nice for a change to see our government can haggle a discount with the tax payer's money.

Indeed. Now down with that muppet who ordered gas-guzzling petrol/hybrid Toyotas / Lexi when he should have saved us a lot of money by getting diesel mercs or beamers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Dog Chaser

drdre wrote:

Mary McAleese?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

smarty wrote:
    When I first saw the picture, I thought it was a Maybach.

I prefer this version to the previous S Class. It looks a bit more grown up or something.
    At last , someone agrees with me . I've been saying for ages that the new S is a baby Maybach ... And very bootifull :D

sharkman wrote:
    At last , someone agrees with me . I've been saying for ages that the new S is a baby Maybach ... And very bootifull :D
    yes you are right.i seen afew new s class and everytime i see them from faraway they look like maybachs.
    but once you get close you notice the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

It sort of looks like the new Lexus GS450h, the new 'State Car'. Didn't Bertie get one of those?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

unkel wrote:
    Indeed. Now down with that muppet who ordered gas-guzzling petrol/hybrid Toyotas / Lexi when he should have saved us a lot of money by getting diesel mercs or beamers

David Cameron is making a big deal about Gas Guzzlers being the source of all evil and how hybrids are the way forward.

You guessed it, he drives an uberefficient Lexus Rx400h. :mad:

Its the same thing the hybrid GSs, its more spin than actually doing anything for the environment... If they really cared they would have ordered cars with the 1.3JTD or 1.4D4D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

Parked beside a S350 in Galway at the weekend. The dash on the car is amazing. The seats. Looked so comfy.

86_s_class.jpg

I guess in time (as everything like ABS, EBD, Side airbags etc....gets available to 'lesser' models) we will all have this on our dashboards......

0,,220274,00.jpg

Parked beside a S350 in Galway at the weekend. The dash on the car is amazing. The seats. Looked so comfy.

86_s_class.jpg

I guess in time (as everything like ABS, EBD, Side airbags etc....gets available to 'lesser' models) we will all have this on our dashboards......

0,,220274,00.jpg

very nice interior, is that screen on the dash always there or only when you press a button.also is it std or extra.for the night vision and sat nav.anyone got a price list:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

drdre wrote:
    very nice interior, is that screen on the dash always there or only when you press a button.also is it std or extra.for the night vision and sat nav.anyone got a price list:)

That screen is optional at night only, with a press of a button. It replaces the speedo. Its an optional extra!

That screen is optional at night only, with a press of a button. It replaces the speedo. Its an optional extra!
    alright, thats what i heard about the new s class that all you get really is the seats and body:) , then you pay for what you want.I t should be standard as the money you are paying justifys it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

..........none of them have the "L" badge. Even the last model when ordered in LWB form never displayed the badge !

I think you'll find then options list is quite comprehensive as standard on the new "S", obviously you can go mad on the extra's if you like , same as any car !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

What was wrong with their old Mercs?, I thought mercs last forever:D

They should save the taxpayers money and get Taxi's or Buses! or walk dam it! There’s a couple of politicians I can think of that could do with the exercise!

Maybe they could share it, Government Car “Pool” :)

Advertisement