Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Risky topic, but Stolen car crash today, do you care...

Options
  • 20-05-2006 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

A bit risky to bring up , but did anyone see the news today about the stolen Civic that crashed in Fairview, killing the driver, Well, Ill put this to you, the fact he didnt kill anyone innocent is a bonus, but 'Do you care?' or sympathise with the fact that hes dead. I dont, I reckon, tough sh1t, Im delighted he didnt kill anyone innocent, but he got what he deserved.
    Agree, or disagre????

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

I dont know the man but most joyriders have 50-60 previous convictions....

When he killed himself he probably saved 50-60 victims from ever encountering him.

Whether it was....

being robbed at knifepoint by him
    being woken up in their bedroom with him demanding the keys to their car
    being burgled by him
    being assaulted by him
    having their property damaged by him....

Is it a loss to society ?? I dont think so.

Im just glad no innocent public or gardai were injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I can honestly say that I dont care, and have no sympathy. I make no bones about saying it either. TBH if someone steals my car i hope they wrap it around something hard and kill themselves.

I remember my dads civic got stolen a fewyears back . We got it back with nand was repaired but it just never felt the same, kind of tainted. I inherited it shortly afetr but sold. Used to love that car. It's not even the fact its a car. It's some little scrot invadign what is basically your private space, same as a burglar. Things just feel violated afterwards. So I have no sympathy when things go tits up for them, they brought it on themsleves and deserve the consequeces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Live by the sword, die by the sword....

Ok he was somebodys son, brother etc, but it is one less thieving scumbag on the road.

Agree

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

I thought I would get mostly 'agrees',

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Assuming the car was stolen etc... then I have to say good ridance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

I heard it on the news earlier. I was just thinking what kinda of scumbag girls were travelling around with him to be in the car also. I heard an 18 year old girl is still critical.

Its sad people have to go around stealing cars but the end story is they are all scum. RIP for the chap, hard for his family and all but its no loss really.

skibum wrote:
    Ok he was somebodys son, brother etc, but it is one less thieving scumbag on the road.

These peoples parents know what they are up to. It's not hard to spot a scumbag, especially when they are in court every other week, so you can bet the parents just don't care, so in turn I have no sympathy for them either.

By the time my son is able to comprehend wright and wrong properly (he already knows, because he checks to see if I'm watchign him before he does things he isnt supposed to, but he's ot even 2 yet so he gets a grace period) he's going to know that if I every catch him doing anything like being involved with stolen cars and the like, he'll get6 a severe beating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

good for him.he should not have stole someones car.thats what you get for being a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Stekelly wrote:
    he's going to know that if I every catch him doing anything like being involved with stolen cars and the like, he'll get6 a severe beating.

Unless you only find out about his escapades when a Guard knocks at your door to tell you he is dead.

I have sympathy for the chaps parents/close relations, not very much for him TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

I was driving down the motorway today when i heard this on the radio. Sounds bad, but i was delighted to hear the ***** was killed. I drive a civic myself and some of my friends have big integras and other hondas and there heads are wrecked trying to keep their cars safe from them scummy *****s. I hope the 3 skangery girls get what they deserve too.

They should put on his headstone, "scummy joyrider live here" or something. Tramps! :mad:
    ive no sympathy for his family either, whats the bets the whole family are knackers and if some genuine motorist innocently crashed into their family car in the smallest of collisions they`d be looking for loads of compo. Dirty *****,,,, fook the loss.

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote:
    Unless you only find out when a Guard knocks at your door to tell you he is dead..

aah but you see that was my point, it wont get that far. i turned out the way I did ( properly :) , for the record) because of the way my parents brought me up. We've had trouble with young lads on the road , to the pont where I had to deck one of them myself, as their parents were'nt going to do anything (he was around 18 by that stage, so I wasnt beating up little kids). I've lived on the road all my life and I can think back now and easily pick out the ones who ended up as trouble makers. My two best mates are now working as an accountant and in the central bank living happy family lives. These lads where brought up properly, like myself and have turned out fine.

Theres a couple of lads on the road (the ones from earlier in the story), who were basically chucked out on the road first thing in the morning and left there till late at night without anyone bothering with them. They turned out to be idle troublemaking layabouts. Coincidence? I dont think so.

The Muppet wrote:
    I have sympathy for the chaps parents/close relations, not very much for him TBH.

Personally, I dont for the reasons above.

Nuttzy wrote:
    I was driving down the motorway today when i heard this on the radio. Sounds bad, but i was delighted to hear the ***** was killed. I drive a civic myself and some of my friends have big integras and other hondas and there heads are wrecked trying to keep their cars safe from them scummy *****s. I hope the 3 skangery girls get what they deserve too.

They should put on his headstone, "scummy joyrider live here" or something. Tramps! :mad:
    ive no sympathy for his family either, whats the bets the whole family are knackers and if some genuine motorist innocently crashed into their family car in the smallest of collisions they`d be looking for loads of compo. Dirty *****,,,, fook the loss.

yes you are right, i have friends and families that have good cars and they have to invest more money in trackers etc to keep ther cars safe.whereas these ****ers think they can do what they want.and most of them donot even get caught.my dads volvo got robbed last year and the cops came to our house to find out what happened.once he found out what happened(car was robbed) the guards sent out helicopter and 3 cop cars on m5o and still couldnot catch them.thats because ireland is not equiped.we have crap yaris as cop cars and bloody bikes.:eek: instead of powerful cars to stop all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Stekelly wrote:
    aah but you see that was my point, it wont get that far. i turned out the way I did ( properly :) , for the record) because of the way my parents brought me up. We've had trouble with young lads on the road , to the pont where I had to deck one of them myself, as their parents were'nt going to do anything (he was around 18 by that stage, so I wasnt beating up little kids). I've lived on the road all my life and I can think back now and easily pick out the ones who ended up as trouble makers. My two best mates are now working as an accountant and in the central bank living happy family lives. These lads where brought up properly, like myself and have turned out fine.

Theres a couple of lads on the road (the ones from earlier in the story), who were basically chucked out on the road first thing in the morning and left there till late at night without anyone bothering with them. They turned out to be idle troublemaking layabouts. Coincidence? I dont think so.

I would agree with that as a general rule but there is always the exception to the rule. I rocognise the type of people you are talking about but there is the other kind too who do everything possible to bring their children up properly, yet the kids go off the rails. None of us parents know for sure how our kids will turn out which is why I have sympathy for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I'm sorry it happened.

I had to take the long way around fairview today because of it and it cost me about 2 minutes. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Call me heartless but I am delighted to hear this. More often than not when you hear about joyriding cases, its innocents that are the fatalities or critically injured and the scumbags are fit enough to do a legger after the crash.

Ever watch any of those Police Camera Action type shows. Massive crashes, somersaulting some innocents car at a crossroads upside down.......and then you always see a gang of scangers scrambling out of the stolen car unscathed. If there is a God he has a funny sense of Justice!! Remember the two Gardai killed by the joyriders in Stillorgan. They are in a big mondeo and the little scrotes are in a tiny mazda mx5. The mazda hits the mondeo at 130 and the guards are killed and the scumbags escape with barely a scratch!!

Good riddance IMHO.

As for the girls letting themselves be carried in a stolen car. They are as bad as the fellas these days. Well this is slightly off topic but imo, the reason there seem to be more skangers acting the bollix these days is down to the girls. Back in the day you had lads acting the bollix from the age of 12-16. Soon as they discovered girls they calmed down a bit as even girls from rough areas wouldn't stand for or be impressed by thuggish behavour. If they fellas wanted the girls they had to stop that kind of carry on for the most part. Nowadays the girls are as bad as the fellas and often encourage this behaviour in the lads. How often have I seen a skanger girl spit on the pavement infront of a passerby and then instigate further verbal or physical abuse . So now there is no reason for the lads to 'act grown up' and reign in their thuggish behaviour. So they keep it up well into there twenties. So its not that there are that many more skangers. Its that whereas before the older generation of skangers would be replaced on the street corner with their cans of Stella, now their numbers are being added to instead of replaced by the generations following behind.

Wasn't there a survey in one of the papers this week showing that fellas behaviour is no worse than 20 years ago but girls behaviour is much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

Im glad no innocent by-stander was killed but I wouldnt gloat about somebody elses death. You people havent a clue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭utopian

drdre wrote:
    whereas these ****ers think they can do what they want.and most of them donot even get caught.

What date are you up in court again?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Calibos wrote:
    Wasn't there a survey in one of the papers this week showing that fellas behaviour is no worse than 20 years ago but girls behaviour is much worse.

Interesting point.

I felt relieved to hear it was a joyrider that was killed after I heard the news. I initially thought it was another innocent victim killed in an accident again (we've certainly seen plenty of those this year). For someone to kill themselves by driving into a parking meter, they would have to been doing some seriously crazy driving. Had the incident not happened, there's a fair chance he would have killed or maimed someone innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Heard it on the radio and my first reaction was a smile and my comment was "Darwin at work". We're all better off without him...
    The Muppet wrote:
    I would agree with that as a general rule but there is always the exception to the rule. I rocognise the type of people you are talking about but there is the other kind too who do everything possible to bring their children up properly, yet the kids go off the rails. None of us parents know for sure how our kids will turn out which is why I have sympathy for them.

Totally agree. My thoughts go out to his family and friends, scumbags or not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

No sympathy whatsoever for the victim or his family\friends.

He played russian roulette with his life and the lives of others, and lost. Good riddance.
    Im glad no innocent by-stander was killed but I wouldnt gloat about somebody elses death. You people havent a clue

Not sure what you mean by "a clue", care to elaborate? I was born and raised in an area where these scum were commonplace, its more likely that the driver "hadnt a clue" TBH.

Anyway, I say again, good riddance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

I feel sorry for the lamp-post, I gather it got scraped pretty badly.

I also feel sorry for whoever's car it was - there are so few '90s Civics left these days, they've all been "targeted" by scumbags like this guy. From what I saw on the news, it was a well looked-after car - good tread on expensive tyres, rims etc. Pity the a$$hole ruined it.

Thank god he didn't take out any innocents though - he caused a crash between a lorry and a car earlier in the morning, which could have been fatal for those innocently caught up - we've see the sort of damage a large vehicle can do, what with the stolen bus a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I have to say I would possibly feel some sympathy for some of his relatives, those that did not know he was a complete scumbag for example.

For me it is likethis. If he didn't kill or injure any innocents then result. Bonus points if he hasn't had a chance to breed yet.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

that skanger got what he deserved. i wish all the knacks who steal cars had that coming to them, and them girls in the car need a reality check and a good kick up the arse. " ohhh, look at this. 90mph in a stolen honda. oooohhhhh , faster........"

phffffttt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

The owner of the car will get their money back on insurance, and society is free from one less joy rider. win/win. My view is if someone goes and delibratly invades or steals your property anything they recieve is fair do's.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

good riddance i say. friend of mine was killed a few years ago by a stolen car, drove straight into him.

another lad who i was in school with stole a car 3/4 years ago, and crashed at high speed, killed instantly...price you pay for the life you choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

weemcd wrote:
    The owner of the car will get their money back on insurance, and society is free from one less joy rider. win/win.

I'd agree with the 2nd part, but unfortunately the owner won't get even close to what he paid (or has since spent on mods) back from the insurance co. Instead he'll get the book/trade value which is probably only 3-4000 (at most) for a car of that age. (Gotta love how insurance co's do that really :().

Not to mention the inconvenience of being without a car, having to buy a new one, tax it again (you can't transfer from your old one), NCT it etc.

About the only upside from this story is, as you say, there's one less scumbag on the streets.

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    I'd agree with the 2nd part, but unfortunately the owner won't get even close to what he paid (or has since spent on mods) back from the insurance co. Instead he'll get the book/trade value which is probably only 3-4000 (at most) for a car of that age. (Gotta love how insurance co's do that really :().

Not to mention the inconvenience of being without a car, having to buy a new one, tax it again (you can't transfer from your old one), NCT it etc.

About the only upside from this story is, as you say, there's one less scumbag on the streets.
    the insurance company paid my dad a good price for his volvo when it got robbed and also he got a free car for 2 weeks until everything was sorted out.and the rent a car was a volvo s80 exactly what got robbed.fully paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Hopefully the three scumbags who survived will have had enough of a shock to abandon their knackery ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Stekelly wrote:
    he's going to know that if I every catch him doing anything like being involved with stolen cars and the like, he'll get6 a severe beating.
    So hows the child abuse coming?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭sportswear

i don't believe he deserved to die.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement