Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Risky topic, but Stolen car crash today, do you care...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Victor wrote:
    So hows the child abuse coming?

He hasnt stolen a car yet so it hasnt come up.

btw thats another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

a kid near us was setting a wheelie bin on fire, and an aerosol can blew up in his face. like this case, his peers are now unlikely to do this sort of stuff for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

colm_mcm wrote:
    a kid near us was setting a wheelie bin on fire, and an aerosol can blew up in his face. like this case, his peers are now unlikely to do this sort of stuff for a while.

i agree and donot agree. as people like that donot give a crap as they donot care about life.cars get stolen every day.and the reason is for use in a robbery or joyriding.so these guys deserve death or life in jail

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think if something like this happens one of your peers. any you see it for yourself, it makes a difference.

colm_mcm wrote:
    I think if something like this happens one of your peers. any you see it for yourself, it makes a difference.
    yes it would to me, but these guys have no life and do it everyday for the buzz factor.same as drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I wouldnt wish death on anyway, I've been tempted believe me, but in the
    face of it I couldnt bring myself to it.

If he had ended up in hospital with severe injuries like the girl who was
    injured, then it may have helped him see sense and getting away from it.. but
    we will never know and his family have suffered a terrible loss.

I'd say that the girl who's critical in hospital, if she recovers, will sit down a have a serious look at her life. Who knows, the other 2 in the car, on seeing one of their mates die and the other in hospital might do the same.

Not all parents are to blame for their kids behaviour, some are alright but not
    all. From what I remembr, he was 18 so he is old enough to know what he
    was doing. Some kids go off the rails no matter how much their parents do
    for them!!

Luckily no innocent person was killed so that is a good side to this. But some mother and father lost a child.

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i dont believe he diserved to die also .

many people over the years have been seen to be right scumbags and when the time comes to stand up and start doing somthing right with there lives they do .

im guessing that he was a bit young . if he lived past the axident he could of changed .

barry white was convicted of theft and did time .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

Well thats it for me on this forum.

When people celebrate and joke over the death of a person for stealing a car i know its time to leave.

The lack of empathy is bordering on narcissism here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

The lad stole a car and went joyriding. Its not only theft but it is wreckless endangerment of lives! And you expect people to feel sorry for the lad? People who are having to spend fortunes on security devices to protect against scum like him??

I feel sorry for his family that they have to go through this but as far as he is concerned... well, so what??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭Archeron

When people celebrate and joke over the death of a person for stealing a car i know its time to leave.

I agree. Regardless of how much of a scumbag he was, its tragic when a young life is ended like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

No, tragic is when an idiot like that kills an innocent bystander. When they kill themselves, it's sad for their families but society's better off for it.

Sleepy wrote:
    No, tragic is when an idiot like that kills an innocent bystander. When they kill themselves, it's sad for their families but society's better off for it.
    yes you are right, look at that lady that died last week from the bus crash.she was innocent.and this stuff should be stopped and the only was is this.1 dead thousands to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I think there is a big difference between thinking that joyriders should be put to death and not being very concerned when one kills himself during an act of wreckless stupidity.

In my case I am massively opposed to capital punishment for any crime. That said I will not lose any sleep over someone dieing whilst breaking the law and endangering any number of innocent lives that happen to be unfortunate enough to cross his path. If he had survived and learned from it that would have been a better outcome but he really did the job properly so i guess we will never know.

As I said in my earlier post I would feel sympathy for any of his relatives, assuming of course they were unaware of what he got up to.

As for the girl, she has a second chance. If she survives I hope we don't read about her being killed in another accident next year. That said I don't have a lot of sympathy for her TBH, let's have a bit of personal responsibility please.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

drdre wrote:
    yes it would to me, but these guys have no life and do it everyday for the buzz factor.same as drugs.

Well blatant disregard for others aside, these people are probably in genuine denial that "it will never happen to me". I mean with drugs, kids are constantly being bombarded with "one use will kill you" rhetoric, yet they see their friends regularly pop 20 pills a weekend with no visible ill-effects. When education is so out of contact with reality, you end up with the situation where you just can't lecture teenagers about anything anymore. The only thing that will hammer the message home is seeing the results for themselves.

Stark wrote:
    Well blatant disregard for others aside, these people are probably in genuine denial that "it will never happen to me". I mean with drugs, kids are constantly being bombarded with "one use will kill you" rhetoric, yet they see their friends regularly pop 20 pills a weekend with no visible ill-effects. When education is so out of contact with reality, you end up with the situation where you just can't lecture teenagers about anything anymore. The only thing that will hammer the message home is seeing the results for themselves.
    yes you are right and it is sad seeing someone die from this but thats life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

elexes wrote:

many people over the years have been seen to be right scumbags and when the time comes to stand up and start doing somthing right with there lives they do .

im guessing that he was a bit young . if he lived past the axident he could of changed .

Bull$hite!!! There is no question of whether he deserved to die or not. He stole a vehicle, broke several laws and died for his foolishness. Apparently this was not his first offence so the risk of a mortal ACCIDENT was high anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I think it's very simple. People can complain that some of the above posts may not be very humanitarian but it's how people think. Not everyone is has a bleeding heart, I certainly don't.

No one deserves to die, but this parasite of society is going around stealing cars, probably burning them out when finished and has a good old chuckle about it to their mates the next day. While poor xxx is unable to get to work and down 5k on a car.

Can you seriously blame anyone for not giving a small smirk when the theif get's what's coming to him? If he doesn't want to die, don't steal a car.

Also i'm sure you would all sing a different tune if he ran your mother/father/brother/sister down.

elexes wrote:

what are you talking about.he deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

It was nice of him to remove himself from the gene pool.
    Darwin award nominee?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

Archeron wrote:
    I agree. Regardless of how much of a scumbag he was, its tragic when a young life is ended like this.

Agreed.
    layke wrote:
    parasite of society

Hard one this. It's easy being an upstanding citizen in our society if you have had a decent upbringing, but in turn a bad upbringing is no excuse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭jamescrombie

i was in the area about 10 minutes after the crash and seen the car it was a complete wreck dont know how the girls didnt get killed.... i was thankful i wasnt on the road at the same ... I agree with most people he got what he deserved.... cruel and all as it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

So long then, maybe when he steals YOUR car you might think differently.
    You do drugs, you dont pay, you get shot = tough.
    You rob cars , you crash em, you die = tough.
    Just lucky no innocents died this time.

Kersh wrote:
    So long then, maybe when he steals YOUR car you might think differently.
    You do drugs, you dont pay, you get shot = tough.
    You rob cars , you crash em, you die = tough.
    Just lucky no innocents died this time.

yes you are right kersh, i know how you would feel if one of your cars get robbed.my dads car got robbed right infront of our eyes and these scumbags got away with it.
    the police should patrol m50,etc at night and catch these people as every week you see a car parked on the m50 just left there and sometimes with smashed windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

I have had 2 attempts, one on my gto, the other on my Prelude (they didnt get either cos they broke the steering wheels off attempting to break the locks), so now all cars are alarmed/immobilsed, chained, disclocked and blocked in.
    I hope every joyrider dies. Simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I wonder if the person was holding up a bank and was shot would the sympathy levels be the same?

Live by the sword...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

While I agree with many previous posts that society is not loosing anything by his death..I do see it as an awful waste of a life.

Maybe he can give something back now by donating his organs ..and save a life...

which could bring up another thread about the irony of fate :D

Ay Cee wrote:
    I wonder if the person was holding up a bank and was shot would the sympathy levels be the same?

Live by the sword...

From some here the answer must be YES!

There was a topic some time back re a video of an armed raider being shot by a clerk and some of the contributions made out that the clerk was wrong and overreacting.

There are bleeding hearts everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

While I agree with many previous posts that society is not loosing anything by his death..I do see it as an awful waste of a life.

Maybe he can give something back now by donating his organs ..and save a life...

which could bring up another thread about the irony of fate :D
    Yeah, I bet all the joyriders carry donor cards.

MrP

:D

Those genes are best left where they are, cremated or interred!

Giving something back indeed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ay Cee wrote:
    Live by the sword...

Exactly. Why should anyone feel sorry for him after his actions? sure, I have pity for his family and all, but I feel nothing for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement