Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Risky topic, but Stolen car crash today, do you care...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

His family should have kept a better eye on him. If my/your parents could do it, why couldnt his.
    Tough titties to all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Stephen wrote:
    Exactly. Why should anyone feel sorry for him after his actions? sure, I have pity for his family and all, but I feel nothing for him.
    This is different from thinking that all joyriders should be put to death and similar to how I feel myself.

Kersh, I know you like cars and all but a death sentence is a bit much for steealing a car. :eek:

MrP

I never mentioned death sentence, I said i would be happy if they all crashed into lampposts and combusted (well thats what i meant).
    You know, a bit like the gangland killings - the more the merrier, every day i see one i smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Kersh wrote:
    His family should have kept a better eye on him. If my/your parents could do it, why couldnt his.
    Tough titties to all of them.
    yes you are right.its up to the family.as they are bringing you up.but in fairness they cannot be with you all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

drdre wrote:
    yes you are right.its up to the family.as they are bringing you up.but in fairness they cannot be with you all the time.

get into the real world young man and stop hiding behind your pc all day posting...not everyone has been spoon fed all their lives.

Kersh- I really hope one of your kids in the future doesnt get into anything bad in the future - you may not be so quick to start a thread celebrating.

This is supposed to be a motors board and a thread like this has no place here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

A thread about some joyriding scrote has no place on a motors board?

Ok sir, sorry for posting about CAR thieving scum, crashing CARS in the motors forum..:rolleyes: , i promise i wont do it again. Maybe ill post his untimely death in the HUMOUR forum instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

Kersh wrote:
    Ok sir, sorry for posting about CAR thieving scum, crashing CARS in the motors forum..:rolleyes: , i promise i wont do it again. Maybe ill post his untimely death in the HUMOUR forum instead.

no problem. Just dont do it again.
    p.s i think most of your original post was more to do with the fact you were glad he was dead.:rolleyes: not about the crash.

Well that too, i am glad, he was asking for it. I like my cars, I like racing and I spend quite a lot of money doing it, in as controlled an environment as can be, if he liked cars and speeding why didnt he get a good job, and come and do it????
    Answers on a postcard please.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

While I don't actively wish death on anyone, I won't shed any tears over this one. Actions have consequences, some people are slow learners. Thankfully no-one else had to learn this lesson with him.

I do feel some sympathy for the family, that's it, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

Kersh wrote:

Karma my friend. I'd be mindful if i was you.

If we sow goodness, we will reap goodness; if we sow evil, we will reap evil.

Adios amigos. Will miss this forum but can't be a party to this.

And mr Joyrider sowed evil, and now hes dead, fair play to Karma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Well thats it for me on this forum.

When people celebrate and joke over the death of a person for stealing a car i know its time to leave.

The lack of empathy is bordering on narcissism here.

Wake up you tosser, which world do you live in? I bet if it was your car stolen you`d have a different tone and be eating them nice "ideal world words" you said above.
    Kersh, I know you like cars and all but a death sentence is a bit much for steealing a car.
    In your opinion its a bit much. Not in mine and many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

fletch wrote:
    Assuming the car was stolen etc... then I have to say good riddance

I would tend to agree (with the majority etc.) but...

To the risk of incensing the PC brigade, it's not so much that I'm glad the knacker bought the proverbial farm (I'm not really... death is too much here, since no other life was taken away pointlessly), it's more the fact that this was probably someone's pride and joy, who'll probably get marginally sh@fted by the insurance company and might not be able to replace like for like, etc, etc.

If it had been my MX-5, say, I'd have been inconsolable (KIA knacker or not), because I'd probably never be able to replace exaclty like for like: I'd have to find 'the right one' in the UK, re-import it, would I get VRT exemption on it like I did with the current, etc., wouldn't know about the care and attention lavished on it since mile 14,000, etc..

I guess my point/rant is, to onlookers, it's only a stolen car, but I feel for the ex-owner (again, to the risk of shocking most... like I care anyway! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Kersh, I know you like cars and all but a death sentence is a bit much for steealing a car.

In fairness now, this young fella didn't get killed because he STOLE the car ...

He decided to leave this world, executing a self imposed death sentence.
    The very same death sentence we all stare in the face when driving recklessly.

That he did so in a stolen car is just coincidental.

Appels and pears and so on ...

I wouldn't wish death on anyone for stealing a car ...seeing proper justice done on the other hand would be nice for a change, though.

With dangerous driving on the other hand you can only hope that no-one else gets hurt ...and the youngfella seems to have failed on that one as well, critically injuring a passenger.

Still he didn't DESRVE to die ...he deserved to be locked up ...probably a long time and a few similar offences ago ...so ...why didn't anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Stekelly wrote:
    aah but you see that was my point, it wont get that far. i turned out the way I did ( properly :) , for the record) because of the way my parents brought me up.

Aaahh, you are not living in the real world son.

I know a family and one of the kids is a scumbag. The rest of the siblings are the nicest people you could ever meet. As far as I can see the parents brought the kids up the best way possible, yet one of them turned out like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I'd rather he was dead than alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Well thats it for me on this forum.

When people celebrate and joke over the death of a person for stealing a car i know its time to leave.

The lack of empathy is bordering on narcissism here.

Aaah just ignore them buddy. Lots of nerdy kids hang around here sitting behind expensive computers paid for by daddy's company expensise account. No grip on reality at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Any loss of a life is to be regretted. No one 'deserves' to die in a motor accident.

Máire who was killed the other week in the bus incident quite possibly worked with this young man and/or some of his passengers (if they are from town).

It's a small world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm going to have the last word on this, the death of a 'twoker' is hard to shed tears over. His family are proberly crushed by this but so would those of his victims had to lived long enough to kill.

My own prefered punishment would be to bannish such idiots to an island off the west coast populated with nothing except wrecked cars. And no visitors.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If a serial burglar fell through a glass ceiling and killed himself, nobody would bat an eyelid.

Do we have to feel sorry for joyriders because they are going through a stage in life where they have nothing else to do? I think it's shocking that some people tolerate this. a kid in a stolen car is just as dangerous as a gun wielding maniac. and if one of these guys happens to die whilst endangering other peoples lives, and if it acts as a deterrant against joyriding to a few people, then I can't honestly say that it was a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Nuttzy wrote:

In your opinion its a bit much. Not in mine and many others.

I have already said in this post I will lose no sleep over this guy's death. I am also of the opinion, as also stated in this thread, that in cases like this I hope that the persons involved did not have time to breed before doing us a favour and removing themselves from our roads for good. So, it is safe to say I am not really bothered by joyriders or anyother scumbag for that matter dieing in the commision of their crime.

This is very different from saying that someone should die simply because they stole a car. Kersh, I am sorry, I read too much into what you said I though you were actually saying they should all be killed / excuted.

Nuttzy, it would be idiotic to kill people for stealing cars. Youy comment seems to suggest that their should be death by lethal injection for stealing a car. Is that is what you are saying?

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Closed.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement