Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The hows the exams going thread

Options
  • 20-05-2006 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭

so how are we all doing?

need to vent?

my first exam was a pain in the john dole, but the rest have been marginally easy. last two on thurs and fri, so we ll see how they go

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

had three so far,

programming - fair paper
    management - lol how much is summer repeats???
    maths - good topics came up but questions were a tad different than last year.

to go i got...

problem solving and algorithmic design - i hope there's like a snow day on monday :p

computer technology - should be alright.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

mine start tuesday...yay :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Ah sure, they've all been a laugh so far...

German Culture - Not too bad, though one whole question was based on a topic that most of the class seemed to be absent for.
    German Literature - Went ok I reckon... exam time was an hour shorter then previous years, yet the paper was nearly the exact same length.
    History and Issues of Irish Journalism - Complete joke. Exam was exactly the same as previous years, but our lecturer was not. Anything we put down on paper came from our own heads, not from anything the lecturer told us. Ick.

3 more to go. Joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

and to add onto this thread.....who is doing subjects they can find no reason for doing. this especially applies to 1st years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Well I'm doing business, I dont understand why I need to know about matrices in order to run a business.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

So I definately failed quants today, anyone have any idea what the date of the repeats are? And when should the results be out?

cheers
    Luke

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

and to add onto this thread.....who is doing subjects they can find no reason for doing. this especially applies to 1st years

i can't see any reason why computer scientists will ever have the need to whip out the oul calculatron 2000 and work out the t-ledger accounts or whatever.

so far exams seem to be going ok, i suppose. i should pass everything (bar one dodgy looking exam) but this week ends in maths, which i am royally screwed for.

shoutman wrote:
    So I definately failed quants today, anyone have any idea what the date of the repeats are? And when should the results be out?

cheers
    Luke

repeats are first week in sept if im not mistaken, and results, if u are in a modularised course, will be on the net mid june i think
    i can't see any reason why computer scientists will ever have the need to whip out the oul calculatron 2000 and work out the t-ledger accounts or whatever.

so far exams seem to be going ok, i suppose. i should pass everything (bar one dodgy looking exam) but this week ends in maths, which i am royally screwed for.

the whole e-business catastrophe. millions of dot coms set up by people who hadnt a clue what capital depreciation was. not that that is relevant to a dot com. or is it. hmmmm, u would think i would know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

had all mine last week, a doddle!

first year :rolleyes:

god i miss 1st year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

the whole e-business catastrophe. millions of dot coms set up by people who hadnt a clue what capital depreciation was. not that that is relevant to a dot com. or is it. hmmmm, u would think i would know.

that's why you hire someone to go through the monotony of keeping your books balanced for you :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

just had automotive system technology, went ok, considering i'm external repeating eep. really should worked over the year. mechanics/heat engines and maths i'm fairly raped for

that's why you hire someone to go through the monotony of keeping your books balanced for you :D

yeah i spose, but having some general knowledge of what the accountant is doing cant hurt

last two exams tomorow and friday. thank jaysus. then its straight down the cinema to watch x men 3, followed by a piss up and three weeks sleep

hey peter, i see your in the american football team, any links to info on that, my friend and i are interested in joining

here is the leagues web site, just click on any of the team logo s to find their websites, and thereby any info you want.

http://www.irish-american-football.org/

any questions in particular i could answer?

sweet freedom, finished exams. went ok, just happy they are over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Dude... if you're not in first year, how did you win Fresher 05/06 ? :confused:

excuse 1: it took alot but i managed it

excuse 2: what are you talking about, it obviously says 05

excuse 3:as this years fresher of the year was awarded to 3 people, the award is negated and i retain the title until ONE fresher of the year is announced.

take your pick

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

can anyone tell me when the exams start and finish for the Interior Design course, and are they normally around the same time every year?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Beruthiel wrote:
    can anyone tell me when the exams start and finish for the Interior Design course, and are they normally around the same time every year?
    thanks
    Girlfriend is in Interior & Furniture Design, they don't have exams, just continuous assesment. They finish up around the 2nd week of may

Advertisement