Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sony Ericsson W810i on O2?

• 20-05-2006 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, its that time again when the joystick on my Sony has finally given up and I need to trade it in :D

Anybody any info on whether or not the SE W810i is coming to O2 BillPay in Ireland? Its here on the O2 UK website.

It looks pretty nifty, and crucially doesn't have a joystick-style navigator. I've had no luck with previous Sonys and their joysticks for some reason (T610, K700, K750). Its also attractively priced on the O2 UK site... :rolleyes:

Or will they be skipping this phone in favour of one of the newer Sony Ericssons?

Info appreciated, as I don't fancy any other brand :)

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I emailed customer.care@o2.ie last week and they told me it was "in testing". I wish they'd release it before I go on holidays !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

ciaranfo wrote:
    I emailed customer.care@o2.ie last week and they told me it was "in testing". I wish they'd release it before I go on holidays !

Good stuff! We'll expect it in the next month or two? Hopefully won't be too pricey.... :rolleyes:

They didn't give a time frame in the email. I doubt it'll be in the next 2 months judging by O2s past record. I ordered one off expansys.ie in the meantime :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Had Mr SonyEricsson (the rep) in waving one the other day with us. Played around with one, seems like a nice bit of kit, menu's are more refined than before, navigation is smooth and camera is as good as your going to get on a phone at the moment. I thought the unit had beeen approved but i'll check the list tomorrow and update.

Hmm considering getting it on o2 uk (prepaid, its unlocked) when i'm back up north.....

Bought one off expansys at the weekend - far superior to the k750i or w800i. The lack of that dodgey joystick for starters!

I'm slowly compiling a list of "what's wrong with this phone" which I'll proberly get someone to agree with me on one of these days :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement