Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on new logo please

Options
  • 21-05-2006 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

logo.gif

I wouldn't be the greatest desinger or anything but this is the current logo i'm working with for my little baby blaa.ie which be launching fairly soon. Its a community website/forum for djs and bands in waterford. The logo itself is meant to be a cross between a cloud and a conversational bubble. I'm fond of the minimulist clean crisp look myself.

The text will probably be rearragaged to just blaa.ie or just blaa probably using a different font too. Any font recommendations and any other recommendations on how to improve the logo or whatever.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I really don't like the use of the word 'dot'.

But otherwise it looks nice and clean... the text size to bubble size ratio could probably do with adjusting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

As a designer myself i like it, but depends on the background coulour you use it could get lost very easily.

Also even though i like it i dont see anything that tells me its got anything to do with djs etc. Try an more adverturous font.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

yeah the font is going to change for sure, i'm looking for a good one as we speak. And i will drop the wwwdotdotcom part, don't know why i did it tbh. Just trying it out i suppose.

As for it not looking like the site content....i can't stand generic looking logos...for instance a headphone website which has a set of headphones as its logo, personally i despise those logos.

The site is either going to be promidently the colours seen on the logo or else a multude of different colour ranges, if we use multiple colours then we will have multiple different coloured logos all using the same style to reflect the current colour on the page.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Ok, so you don't have to go for something "generic", but I'm all for keeping a theme which is in keeping with the site's content.

A logo idea just popped into my head which I think would work rather well. I'm going to see if I can transfer from brain to paper to digital image.

If nothing else, maybe it'll tip you in a good direction.

yous got dem skillz cult boy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Will said skillz pay the billz?

so true
    so true

Ok, here's 40 minutes worth (I know, takes me ages to do stuff) of brain -> paper -> camera -> Paint Shop Pro
    Obviously this is an extremely rough version, but hopefully you get the idea.

912004blaa_dj.png

thanks cult, it wouldn't be what i would have in mind thou. The site isn't exclusively for dj's so your graphic would only repesent a small portion of the user base.

Ah right.

(Puts a 50% transparency of a guitar on top of the DJ)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

14012053739.jpg

cables are involved in most music. speakers too, but speakers communicate more dance, techno type of music. any idea of the design of the website, some other stuff i could get a look at? it pointless having a good looking site and a logo that clashes with it. or visa versa :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Tried to stay true to your original idea, but I may have lost the cleanliness and minimalism somewhat...

blaa9bk.png

class! would it possible to combine the last two images lads? the font from spidermonkeys and the cloud from Wertz?

That would be brill! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

blaablue5an.png

[edit] That's what it might look like...spidermonkey will have a better copy of his text though. I'll post the cloud png if he needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

14019585446.png

its no font, thats a one of a kind, hand rendered piece of typographic art!:D

i quite like that. :)

thanks lads

Advertisement