Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality Websites

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Great thread! I just don't see what it's doing in the UCD forum.
    thats what I said!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Grimes wrote:
    thats what I said!!!

No it's not
    Grimes wrote:
    Yeah was just about to post, "Is the the Return of Spam, this thread has the makings of more nonsense"

:p

Tbh Hulla I reckon it was just an attempt to pimp the UCDSU website. Meh...it helped with the procrastination.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

well its what I meant

OT

www.boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Byrno

elmyra wrote:
    www.dunlavinartsfestival.com ('pimp my town' inotherwords)

Look at the thread name, it's quality websites. Dunlavin couldn't be called quality! ;) Granted back in TY I think I entered something into the Dunlavin Arts Festival...

On the quality website bit I think Naas has the best photo gallery at Naas Town Signs

Also Kontraband and I-Am-Bored are great for whittling away hours on the internet.

This website is deadly too as it has a webcam of a Blue Tit nest...Mooney Goes Wild

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Byrno wrote:
    Look at the thread name, it's quality websites. Dunlavin couldn't be called quality! ;) Granted back in TY I think I entered something into the Dunlavin Arts Festival...

On the quality website bit I think Naas has the best photo gallery at Naas Town Signs

Also Kontraband and I-Am-Bored are great for whittling away hours on the internet.

This website is deadly too as it has a webcam of a Blue Tit nest...Mooney Goes Wild

This from the man who has Mooney Goes Wild down as quality? Roffle.

Did you enter in writing or art? Cos ya know, I have all the back issues of the festival anthology thingy....and I'm totally looking for yours now :D:D

Oh, and can't believe I forgot to mention http://www.ebay.co.uk /ie
    Endless fun.

• Advertisement

I think I entered it but it almost definately didn't get in. It would've been back in 2001 under writing. And come on, it kills me to say it as it is Derek Mooney but it's actually pretty interesting. Is Dunlavin? :)

Byrno wrote:
    I think I entered it but it almost definately didn't get in. It would've been back in 2001 under writing. And come on, it kills me to say it as it is Derek Mooney but it's actually pretty interesting. Is Dunlavin? :)

If it's there I'll find it, if it's not I'll side up to the guy who used to edit it and ask for a flick through the old entries :p
    Dunlavin is endlessly interesting, we have big buildings in the middle of our streets, beat that like!

Desperately trying not to be completely off topic (sorry Hulla! :o )

www.tvtome.com - always handy for finding out what happened in missed episodes of things or shows you only got interested in halfway through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

http://peekvid.com/ - Endless viewing pleasure.
    http://www.pandora.com/ - Musack.
    http://www.gorillamask.net/ - Daily links.
    http://www.fusionanomaly.net/ - Lots of reading material.
    http://www.imperiaonline.org/ - Stupid game that isn't fun.

I'm from Kill so I can't really slag at all. The Ryder Cup is going to be just down the road from me though!

I can only imagine the quality of any entry I made. Please don't look for it!

Also OT for all you politics nerds out there www.electionsireland.org

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Just to keep on topic:

www.deviantart.com
    www.homestarrunner.com (scroll buttons never looked so good!)

I think this thread is pretty pointless really. Completely irrelevant to the UCD forum. And now I must go to bed, or else I'll sleep through my alarm and miss 25% of my exams. Wouldn't that just be lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I still can't manage to get my head around what this thread is doing in the UCD forum. I'm going to leave it open until after the exams because you poor kids are obviously going insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

As a regular contributer to UCDSU.net I can confirm that it is infact....sh*te.
    Venusinfirs is God over there and some other annoying twat called dickcrossman!:) This is my fave website its great....http://www.peter-andre.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

panda100 wrote:
    As a regular contributer to UCDSU.net I can confirm that it is infact....sh*te.
    Venusinfirs is God over there and some other annoying twat called dickcrossman!:) This is my fave website its great....http://www.peter-andre.net/
    Yeah, there's some complete knobend mod called singingstranger over there too...

And, oh yeah. You thought Peter Andre was good? There's only one of him...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Well after those two posts there can be no doubt, spam all the way.

Ot: I like: for the words section, some classics

www.boards.us - purpose-built for when boards.ie goes down like that. A poor substitute though... *sob*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Yeah that's true there's a hack fight going on now.Labour Youth support the hunger strikers and someone is asking if Labour Youth support the hunger strikers as they committed rapes and murders in Afghanistan.It can be vicious over there let me tell you I've been in the thick of it myself
    Absolutely no connection you know a hack fight.A few class reps are in Labour Youth and one Arts Programme Officer Elect is the chairman.

Just to point out that my political affilaition and the poltical activity i get involved in, in my own capacity outside the union are my own business. and i know its off topic but. The reports that the hunger strikers were involved in the taliban are blatantly false, particularily when you consider that its the taliban regieme from which they fled to ireland. Anything that sensationalist shouldbe-tabloid prints has to be taken with a grain of salt. Last week the evening herald (a paper also owned by independent newspapers) printed a headline that stated that the hunger strikers were involved in the taliban only to contradict itself on the inside page by stating ''these men aren`t actually in the taliban''

In the mean time angeloffire heartedily endorses the following sites

www.teamtalk.com
    www.indymedia.ie
    www.launchcast.com
    www.wikipedia.org
    www.soundclick.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Wow this thread is so irrelevant its great!!!

eh www.cockeyed.com is quite good specially the 'Pranks' and 'How Much is Inside Adventures' sections

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Well my logic was that we all spend an inordinate amount of time on the internet so might as well share addresses of websites we use.If people are still putting up addresses of quality websites in their own definition of quality then, I see no reason to take it down after the exams.

I think the point is that the thread has no connection to UCD. Doesn't bother me though, just sayin'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I just tried to access ucddsu website and it said it was .... forbidden!
    Why is this?

• Advertisement

Got that as well...maybe the site is down?

Or maybe...it's banned on the college network? *rumour mongers* <- disclaimer, I seriously doubt there's any truth in that.

Nope, 'tis down, they were having "access forbidden" issues earlier so it's entirely offline until they twiddle it about sufficiently.

Nope, 'tis down, they were having "access forbidden" issues earlier so it's entirely offline until they twiddle it about sufficiently.

But what are the su hacks going to do???!!!If the site is down again that means.....dare I say it....they'll all come over here to boards:eek: :eek: :eek:

But Panda, they're already here! Mwahahahahhahaha!

/me puts on UCDSU t-shirt

There is no escape...

**edit: sorry, forgot to mention that Exec has passed a motion calling for the Med pass rate to be raised to 75% with -150% negative marking on any MCQ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Yeah it has no connection to the UCD forum but I'm playing the *exam* card on this leave it up hullaballoo I beg of you.

But Panda, they're already here! Mwahahahahhahaha!

/me puts on UCDSU t-shirt

There is no escape...

**edit: sorry, forgot to mention that Exec has passed a motion calling for the Med pass rate to be raised to 75% with -150% negative marking on any MCQ...

What??You are joking right??Whose Exec?

Oh by the way its ok guys ucdsu.net is working again...phew!!How was I going to cope without Weafys and moomins infinite knowledge of all things popey and tabloidy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

In the mean time angeloffire heartedily endorses the following sites

www.indymedia.ie

Yep.
    That website is hilarious if you haven't laughed at commies in a few days.
    Although it should be called 'agendamedia.ie' as it's anything but independent.

The reports that the hunger strikers were involved in the taliban are blatantly false, particularily when you consider that its the taliban regieme from which they fled to ireland. Anything that sensationalist shouldbe-tabloid prints has to be taken with a grain of salt. Last week the evening herald (a paper also owned by independent newspapers) printed a headline that stated that the hunger strikers were involved in the taliban only to contradict itself on the inside page by stating ''these men aren`t actually in the taliban''
    They worked for the Taliban, was what was said. They were kinda-like high-ranking civil servents (not the best metaphor but it'll do). The problem was that they co-operated with, and aided the taliban. Oh, and one guys uncle was also in the Taliban. (Last I heard that had been confirmed.

Oh and indymedia sucks the royal root. If you publish anything remotely intelligent there that they don't like then it "dissapears". It's also full of sch self-congradulating bull****. They named everone who opposed the hunger-strikers as a rasist. It is worse then Fox News

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

They worked for the Taliban, was what was said. They were kinda-like high-ranking civil servents (not the best metaphor but it'll do). The problem was that they co-operated with, and aided the taliban. Oh, and one guys uncle was also in the Taliban. (Last I heard that had been confirmed.

If it said it in the Sindo, it MUST be true...

Even if it was pre-empted with phrases like "It has been learned that" and "It is understood that.."

God bless the media!

• Advertisement

Vainglory wrote:
    If it said it in the Sindo, it MUST be true...

Even if it was pre-empted with phrases like "It has been learned that" and "It is understood that.."

God bless the media!
    I never mentioned the Sindo. I was not referring to the alleged confession by one hungerstriker to murder and rape -I give them the benefit of the doubt as to their basic intelligence.

Advertisement