Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Saab alloys...

Options
  • 21-05-2006 8:53am

Collecting the car tomorrow. Tried to get the dealer to throw in alloys, but not a hope. He said saab alloys would set me back €800, and other alloys €600. For the sake of €200, would probably buy the saab ones, but wondering should I bother at all - the hubs are not the ugliest things anyway and they have a spoke 'effect'. Do you think they are worth it? Would I see the value of the extra €800 if I decide to trade in in a couple of years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

No to the 800 extra value but it may make it easier to sell have you checked the net for them?

You could always get without and add later if its still eating at you.

Will have a scout around Ebay or Buy and Sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Will have a scout around Ebay or Buy and Sell.

Watch out for warped ones!!!!

€800 isn't bad for a set of OEM alloys tbh; I have seen much worse.

What size are you thinking of?

maidhc wrote:
    €800 isn't bad for a set of OEM alloys tbh;

This is true what model is it year etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

id def get them, its supposed to be a sporty saloon, not very sporty without alloys

This is true what model is it year etc?

04 Saab 9-3 linear, 1.8 litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Tried to get the dealer to throw in alloys, but not a hope.

LOL, you're a soft touch, Conor ;)

If you had insisted, he would have given you them for free and he'd have kneeled down too if you were that way inclined :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

04 Saab 9-3 linear, 1.8 litre.
    i would have thought it comes with alloys.check the net for standard spec.i got standard alloys on a golf.i donot believe that a saab doesnot have alloys,make sure you are not getting ripped off.

You may be right ive NEVER senn a 9-3 (04 model) without alloy wheels..... weird.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

You may be right ive NEVER senn a 9-3 (04 model) without alloy wheels..... weird.
    imsure hes getting ripped off but im not going to bothered searching the net for standard equipment.he should be able to do it himself.and with alloys the car will be able to sell afterwards but with hubcaps on a saab:confused:

I've seen hubcaps on the older 900 but did a short look there on carzone and none of the 04 9-3's are without alloys. I'd look into it mate and get onto the dealer about it as he will give them to you if you put up a fight (fine ill leave it so if there are no alloys thrown in) on a car @ that price alloys are nothing to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

9-3 linear model by default don't have alloys. It's the entry level model but they're an option (or are included with the arc pack iirc). You don't see that many without alloys as they look crap without them. Then again imo the 9-3 looks quite plain without a set of skirts/spoilers, colour matched door handles, etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Would I see the value of the extra €800 if I decide to trade in in a couple of years?

Probably not, but if you were after an investment in the first place, you probably know that a 04 Saab wasn't a good one! It's a very smart motor, but you may as well go the whole hog, as it will probably annoy you now if you don't get them!

I like these alloys on a Saab:
    68208-w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

1.8 litre..realy

I thought there was the 1.8t and the 2.0t, whicha re both 2 litre engines only one has a higher ecu spec. Apparently its a 2 minute job to update any 1.8t to full 2.0t spec.

check it out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Bassman

Hi, I have a 2003 Linear and it does have 15" alloys but I'm pretty sure Saab don't shod the 9-3 with alloys as standard. I've seen plenty of Linears with 16" steel wheels and big plastic wheel covers. I'm also on the lookout for 16" or 17" upgrades, check out ebay, there's plenty of Saab accessory shops in the UK and rest of EU....

Jules
    drdre wrote:
    i would have thought it comes with alloys.check the net for standard spec.i got standard alloys on a golf.i donot believe that a saab doesnot have alloys,make sure you are not getting ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Linear doesn't have alloys. Most models being sold now are Linear-Sport, which has alloys.

Linear models are very basic.

And the non turbo 1.8 is rubbish. 1.8t Vector not that much more second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Try a scrapyard, you never know where you might find a written of Saab with the alloys you want

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ninty9er wrote:
    Try a scrapyard, you never know where you might find a written of Saab with the alloys you want

I would not touch alloy wheels from a scrapped car this new to be honest. Chances are that at least one alloy wheel on the written off car was damaged from the impact of the crash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I wouldn't advocate the use of damaged wheels. but it is possible to get 2-3 from 1 car and the remaining needed from another

Advertisement