Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babcock won't split eircom after union said no

Options
  • 21-05-2006 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2095-2189594,00.html
    BABCOCK & BROWN has bent to trade union pressure and decided not to split up Eircom if its €2.36 billion bid for the group is successful. The Australian merchant bank had originally mooted the idea of separating the telco into two parts — a retail business, which it could sell off, and a networks unit selling services to other telecom providers.

“Eircom will continue to be run as a fully integrated company following the acquisition,” said a source close to the process. “Any plans to split up the group have been put on the long finger.”

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Is this good/bad......honestly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

And the Phil Nolan replacement as CEO will be Pierre 00danon.gif
    Welcome to Ireland.
    P.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

On balance it is probably a good thing. If B&B had been going to split the company then it would have been used as an excuse to drag out the resistance to LLU. Now with things staying as they are Dempsey will have no excuse to delay giving Comreg the powers it needs to force the issue.

Of course with Comreg we still have the question as to whether they have the b**ls to take the necessary steps, and the intellectual ability to do it in a way that does not cost the taxpayer another few million in legal fees.. I know where my money would be going if I were a betting man.............

M.

Advertisement