Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this possible? ....

Options
  • 21-05-2006 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭

Is it possible for a Broadband service to be working ok but the phone service being supplied on the same line to be not working ? .... :confused:

i.e is there something at the exchange end that could have gone 'AWAL' and ended up only providing the BB part of the service? ....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

The answer is yes and No, the easiest way to do this is to provide BB on your line but get you telco provider to block all out going calls , this costs 4 euro per month. (I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Hi Guru .... I'm not trying to do it ... I'm trying to understand why my Broadband connection is working but my phones are not :( .....

Seems strange that I can use the BB but can't receive or make phone calls (all on the same line into my house) it's worked fine these past 6 months untill the weekend just gone .... I've tried new filters ... a new phone ...disconnected everything and just connected a spare phone ...all without any joy ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Broadband and Analog phone line works on seperate frequencies on the same line, thats why u can make calls and surf at the same time, or why bb can go down but line is ok, My cousins phone was cut off as he didnt pay the bill but he still had network connection so in short yes u can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

hobie wrote:
    Hi Guru .... I'm not trying to do it ... I'm trying to understand why my Broadband connection is working but my phones are not :( .....

Seems strange that I can use the BB but can't receive or make phone calls (all on the same line into my house) it's worked fine these past 6 months untill the weekend just gone .... I've tried new filters ... a new phone ...disconnected everything and just connected a spare phone ...all without any joy ...
    What happens if someone rings your number.
    Are you sure that you completely paid your bill ??

What happens if someone rings your number.
    Are you sure that you completely paid your bill ??

if someone rings my number I hear nothing at my end and the caller just hears the normal ringing tone ....

Have I paid my Bill? .... well it's a long story but I was over charged by approx 500.00 euro's (the joys of direct debit!) when I changed from Dial-up to BB .... I eventually received a credit to my account which I expect will be fully used up over a period of approx 10 months :rolleyes: .... I'm currently in credit to approx 400.00 euro :cool:

• Advertisement

Broadband and Analog phone line works on seperate frequencies on the same line, thats why u can make calls and surf at the same time, or why bb can go down but line is ok,

Thanks for that db ..... I'll report it as a telephone fault and see what they say ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

if someone rings my number I hear nothing at my end and the caller just hears the normal ringing tone ....

That sounds very much like an Exchange fault call 1901 and speak to Eircom.

That sounds very much like an Exchange fault call 1901 and speak to Eircom

Yep .... seems like it ... have reported it thru 1901

Advertisement