Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Three's phone unlocking policy

• 21-05-2006 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

I rang Three support today and asked what their official unlocking policy is on Bill phones.

They told me for a phone that has completed it's 12 month contract, they only charge an administration fee of 25EUR. For any phone still in contract, you must pay the balance of your contract plus the 25EUR admin fee. However, the money you pay as the remaining balance for your contract will be put in credit on your account. So you're really only paying 25 EUR admin fee. They just want to ensure you fulfill your contract and not get the phone unlocked and do a legger!

Last thing to note, for those of you who just purchased the new Nokia 6280, they currently do not have the unlock codes for this yet but will do so shortly.

I forgot to ask what the unlock policy is for their PrePay phones but if anyone knows, please let us know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

BB5 phones still have no unlocker software at the moment, why I dunno I would have assumed someone had cracked this.

I find there policy a bit extreme compared to Voda's policy of instant unlock if your on contract and €129 on prepay...

I would honestly steer clear of them at the moment as they don't exact show or prove to be value for money....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ADSLUSER wrote:

Last thing to note, for those of you who just purchased the new Nokia 6280, they currently do not have the unlock codes for this yet but will do so shortly.

this is not true, they have the codes. they have to

#Elites wrote:
    Its still a bad policy, look @ vodafone, they do it for free in less then a week (unlocked my 6280)

and o2 dont seem to bother locking their phones anymore

this is also a bad policy since all they have to do is walk across the room and type in your imei to get your unlock code. they must be very slow walkers if it takes a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Based on everyones' feedback, Three's unlock policy doesn't look so good afterall.

I hope a BB5 unlocking software will be available soon. I hate the way networks lock their phones.

Advertisement