Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep the old sales forum

Options
  • 21-05-2006 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Bewleys II

Well, its coming to a close. I've skirted around the adverts.ie and can't say its an improvement. There seems to be no benefit to using this site.

Can we keep open the original or run both?

Thoughts...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I don't use the For Sale/adverts sections often enough to comment but from what I'd seen, there was a lot of demand for improvement to the old For Sale system. Mainly to ease the workload of the mods a little I think.

Anything in particular that you prefer with the old system over the new system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i agree changes were needed for the mods sake but i find the new system very annoying and i no longer use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

same here, pls bring back the old one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭tklemonade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Revalco

From this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054934652
    dl wrote:
    Yeah me too... this format seems a bit more personal or something I can't quite explain, whereas the new one seems a bit cold. Does this make any sense..?

I think sez it all really for me, its just not the same and would like the "old" Fs kept.

I can understand why the mods wanting the new 1, and i've seen alot of muppets in my time there and recently GoneShootin had to lock 7 threads and ban 1 user, but i think it mainly due to the Moblies section. But do you punish the whole class because of 1 bad apple (FS Moblies) being that apple.

1 thing i did like about adverts.ie was the leave a remark on th seller and think this helps people when buying or selling, what i do if some1 i deal with was good i add them as a friend maybe something like that can be added to the current FS section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yip, I agree with the other posts. I think the old arrangement was better

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Yeah, I cant stand the new Fs forum and im prop'ing up the computer parts one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

I agree - I like the pictures in the new one - but thats about it. The old one was more intuitive for beginners - easier to navigate and easier to see at a glance whats going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

I have to agree with the other posters and say that the new system isn't a patch on the old one. Bring back the old system!!!!
    I used to always have a look at the for sale sections every day but don't bother any more as it's crap now.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I also agree, I prefere using the old fs forum, I found it a lot easier to just browse on a daily basis like I used, now I rarely look at adverts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

have to admit I agree, the new forum tires me out just looking at it, navigating it is just not as user-friendly as the old way.
    Maybe the solution is as simple as appointing a lot more moderators to the FS forum, rather than an entire re-build?
    Just my tuppence worth.

b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

shoutman wrote:
    I also agree, I prefere using the old fs forum, I found it a lot easier to just browse on a daily basis like I used, now I rarely look at adverts.ie

Agree. The new one is more practical perhaps, but just not the same...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Maybe the solution is as simple as appointing a lot more moderators to the FS forum, rather than an entire re-build?
    Diminishing returns though, after a certain number more moderators don't help each other, they just get in each other's way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I'll add my vote. I can't get on with the new forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I liked the way items that have been responded to jump to the front with the old system (you can see if an item is pretty much sold by how many replies it has received... function not available with new system :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I agree with the gist of this thread. Perhaps the old for sale can be changed back to "for sale" and the new one can be changed to something like "for sale beta" - and run side by side while the new one is improved.

Advertisement