Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prob with emachine?

• 21-05-2006 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi,
    Id appreciate some help here please.
    A mate got an emachine 5260 for xmas and then chucked out ALL the cds. It then needed a format and reinstall of win xp which ive done fine but now i cant find the drivers for audio, video, lan, modem etc

i rang pcworld and they said it'd cost me 80euro so no way. they directed me to this site to find the spec but thats not the best as it doesnt say where i can download the actual setup's from
    http://www.pcservicecall.co.uk/layout.aspx?ID={336e0008-c7aa-4a9a-9c62-091ae347637f}&CatID={aaca15ea-3b27-4b9e-b5c2-fa77554f9630}
    any help on where i can find all these install files?

Component Description
    CPU Intel® Pentium® 4 515 Prescott (2.93 Ghz)
    Memory 512 MB DDR RAM - (2x 256 - PC3200)
    Motherboard Intel® D915GAGL-G1 "Augsburg"
    Hard Drive 250GB SATA hard drive
    CD / DVD Drive Lite-On SOHW-1633S DVD±RW DL Drive
    Video / Graphics Card Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family (upto 128MB)
    Chipset Integrated Intel® 915G "Grantsdale"
    Sound Card Integrated Realtek High Definition Audio (5.1)
    Speakers eMachines Nexgen powered stereo speakers
    Modem C-Com 5619PSV-R i think this is a smartlink pci modem
    Network Card Intel® Pro/100 VE ethernet
    Ports eMachines 5250 ports guide
    Disassembly eMachines "Nexgen3" chassis overview
    Keyboard eMachines keyboard (PS/2)
    Mouse PS/2 scroll mouse

its really the 2 in bold that i need but cant find. the audio and modem
    any help appreciated?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

get driver wizard from www.drivermagic.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

then chucked out ALL the cds
    One good clip round the ear deserved there...

Time to hit Google and search for the drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭andy1249

Everything you need is here , surprised you didnt google the motherboard name , it came up first on the list ,

When audio is integrated onto the motherboard the motherboard drivers are what you want , they are all listed here on this page for download.

http://www.emachineupgraders.info/dir1/motherboards/socket775/D915GAG_downloads.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭because_I_can

excellent thank you.
    i did google but im only on dialup so its very hard to find the right one.

right well i still dont have the modem driver but i've downloaded loads of different smartlink drivers so im hoping that one will do the trick. i cant test until the weekend tho and im only on dialup then at home so it will be a disaster if they arent the right ones...
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Well according to this you don't get cds. You simply press F11 on startup to activate the recovery process unless you deleted the recovery partition.

i had to format the drive. but i didnt know about theat f11 until last week. i tried it and its gone now.
    my mate just basically went onto every p0rn site ever and had 1000s of diallers and everthing on the pc so it wouldnt even boot into windows even in safe mode. no choice but to format.
    i didnt realise at the time tho that he had binned the cds...

id like to bump this up.
    I've found drivers for everything bar the modem. Its a smartlink ccom v92 modem.
    I dl'ed like 6 or 7 exe's for smartlink modems but none were compatible.
    As i can recall the smlink.com site had a universal driver but that site seems to have changed recently...
    Help appreciated! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Darkman9999

I had an e-machines till last week when I sold it. The Tri-Gem motherboards they use are rubbish, my one didn't accept any ATI upgrades, only nvidia AGP cards. BIOS updates are non excistent and the support offered by PC servicecall doesn't fit the bill. You have been warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gmarshall7000

I got most drivers I needed for an emachines 5240 by taking the sticker off the motherboard and discovering an Intel D915GAG label. Got the drivers from Intel website

• Advertisement
Advertisement