Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nurburgring - Anyone been?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ANTO D10 DUB

theres a dude on a moped keyser why dont ye go on your's?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

WizZard wrote:
    Yeah, it's expensive. I had this snippet saved in email from someones diary account of a day at the Ring. :eek:

thats still, to the best of my knowledge, the record cost for damages in any one accident at the 'ring :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Do they have the whole ring under video coverage? Otherwise you could do a legger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Bond-007 wrote:
    Do they have the whole ring under video coverage? Otherwise you could do a legger.
    they must have it under video coverage as then everyone would run and not stop:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

theres a dude on a moped keyser why dont ye go on your's?:D

Anto, you're a good skin, will take it into consideration but I doubt she'd make the journey tbh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

WizZard wrote:
    A nice ring video(Flash)

Yeah, Herr Stuck is pretty good with his M3. Looks like a decent lap time too, although idiots like the driver of the red Porsche held him up. BMW - sheer driving pleasure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

these guys usually head out at least once a year in convoy (do a search for nurburgring) wouldn't drive nails the lot of 'em but shir how 'n ever :D btw, the ring taxi is an M5 (not m3) with the only mod being harder brake pad compound, and yes I would give Sabine one after a feed of drink although she's getting abit rough around the edges now at this stage (she'd do for practise i suppose), new blood / young wan with perky tits and mini-skirt is what's required now for brand loyalty now I rekon :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm dieing to go to the nurburgring..

I'm planning on going to the ring later in the year, can't wait to take me new car out for a rip and see what it can really do. It's only a 1.6 C4 diesil van but I can have fun driving any ol thing.

It looks like the ferry is going to be the biggest kick in the teeth, I'm trying to decide which way would be best through England or direct.

I also need to go to Amsterdam on that trip, and maybe Slovakia depending on the weather. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭matt cork

ive only been once, for the first time in the beginning of may, had a great time

drove from ork to rosslare, then across to dover, all in all the ferries (rtn) cost only €280, alot cheaper than the direct ferry to cherberg or roscoff, gave me the opportunity to get a decents night kip in the travelodge in ashford. from there it was a 4 hr blast to the ring and as suggested already stayed in a cheap hotel in ardenau

it was about €100 for an 8 lap ticket which was enough for one day as a first timer

one of the guys who i met up with there, robert, has a couple of video's on he's site http://www.147gta.nl/ which are worth a little look

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

For a GTA the times arnt great, i did like the bit where the bike nearly creamed itsself pulling out infront of the overtaking VX220 (shame he breaked in time) :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Really thinking of going to this after a friend of mine recounted his experiences last summer. I'd be driving over.

I'm kind of worried though, the fact that there are so many crashes - all I want to do really is go around the track once at a steady pace, keeping to the right - should I be ok? I'm worried about getting rear ended!! Would I be better off just renting another car once I'm there just in case?! Would I still be safe?

I'd imagine there are nutcase drivers on that track.

P.S. Sorry for dragging up an old thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

Elessar wrote: »
    Really thinking of going to this after a friend of mine recounted his experiences last summer. I'd be driving over.

I'm kind of worried though, the fact that there are so many crashes - all I want to do really is go around the track once at a steady pace, keeping to the right - should I be ok? I'm worried about getting rear ended!! Would I be better off just renting another car once I'm there just in case?! Would I still be safe?

I'd imagine there are nutcase drivers on that track.

P.S. Sorry for dragging up an old thread!

Join dtdirl.com, or join a forum/group based on your type of car. PistonHeads is probably the largest forum on the net and you will find links to several different road trips being organised.

You have the option of going as you like, turning up on a Touristfahren open-driving day (many days are booked by manufacturers or events), or going with a pre-booked group who may have the track booked for a day or two. The second option has less traffic and might be cars only.

look on google for ringersforum, and Ben Lovejoy's website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Elessar wrote: »
    all I want to do really is go around the track once at a steady pace, keeping to the right - should I be ok?

There's a bus that does tours - you could hop on that.

It sounds like you'd have the most fun booking a lap in the Nurburgring Taxi. IMO there's no substitute for a proper balls out, foot to the floor lap though.

There's a bus that does tours - you could hop on that.

It sounds like you'd have the most fun booking a lap in the Nurburgring Taxi. IMO there's no substitute for a proper balls out, foot to the floor lap though.

How much does it cost in the M5 Taxi, Is there any web site link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

drdre wrote: »
    How much does it cost in the M5 Taxi, Is there any web site link?

It's in and around €180 from what I've read in the past.

ciarsd wrote: »
    It's in and around €180 from what I've read in the past.

Thanks,I would love to go some day.

Advertisement