Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agggggh!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 anothercupoftea

Weel Mike, at least our German friends are using science. I want to know how much money is being waster on the Irish met people in botanic Ave. Ther didn't predict any of the successive low pressures in the last week on their web site and on Friday described this weekends weather as 'breezy'.

Wouldn't that be called taking the mickey in many other fields?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Today was pretty special, heavy rain with some sleet and the car saying it was 4.5C.
    I'm frozen!

arrrgh is right

16.5mm today and rising (raining at a rate of 10.9mm/hr at present-its very loud)

18mm on friday repeat to fade...

On friday night a fifth of an inch fell here in just 20 minutes.

(but at least the azores high is knocking towards the end of that collage)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

14.7mm fell here today and its stopping but for how long?
    76.2 for the month thats just over 3in.
    Hi temp 11.7c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

think ive seen more rain over the past 2 weeks than ive seen in the past year.. im so sick of it.. is their any end in sight to all this fekin rain!

• Advertisement

Well its been an absolute monsoon here since my last post...
    Raining all evening in fact.

Total for the day now is 21.3mm and the current rain rate is 10.2mm/hr

This is getting ridiculous.

Saturday was dry but friday gave 18.8mm giving a w/end total of over 40mm and rising:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Its always raining in Limerick...so depressing!!:(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I blame Bertie!

8.7c with a strong NW wind at lunchtime near the ned of may :eek:

What sort of summer is this? Twas warmer many times in january!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

On Wednesday May 31st this "monsoon" ends and we start to get sunny days with 20c max. Hang on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

What a week for this country,

We had a high heat high humidity last week with lots of storms espeicially through the spine of the country,downpours,hailstorms.;)

Then buncrana got a tornado:eek:

We had high winds

We had monsoon rains:confused:

We had sleet in galway

And now on the 23rd of May(thats officially a week away from summer) its 6.1c and falling outside,winter revisited.

Dont you just love our FICKLE weather,aint it great.:D

We had a ground frost here this morning-the 23rd of may

Had to scrape the ice off the car windscreen.

Min temp was 2.2c at 536am this morning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

if the current weather had happened in mid January im pretty sure we wouldve had loads of snow by now its just not fair... we get the mild southwesterlys all winter then northerlys in spring and summer its just so annoying and we end up getting 8C-15C for most of the year:(

2nd shower of the day and its an absolute monster.

Tapering off now but the peak rain rate was 52.1mm/hr :eek:

The sound of the rain at its peak was a loud roar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

1.5c here overnight last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The latest pressure chart gives a sniff of hope but its proberly a mirage!

Today was'nt so bad until the showers arrived, thier was a right royal downpour betwen Kilkenny and Callan around 4.30.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Very heavy hail shower at the moment here. I can't remember off the top of my head a frost and hail showers occurring on the same day in late May.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Horray!:D Looks like high pressure coming in for next week. We live in hope:D

Just when I will be out of the f'ing country. Typical...:(

I'd say there could be records broken for rainfall this month. Mabye Mothman has some info on this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Start of summer perhaps.

Recm1681.gif

Im glad to see the Azores high building towards us. Hopefully it will stick around:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I'd say there could be records broken for rainfall this month. Mabye Mothman has some info on this?

Yes certainly. Will be mixed, some places won't be as wet as 2002 or 2003, and others places wettest May on record. I only have details back to 1958, but already it's wettest May in Valentia. Shannon it's wettest since 1981, Birr nearly wettest on record.

I'll try do full list at months end. I'm not finding the time to keep the "notable weather" thread going at moment. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Mothman wrote:

I'll try do full list at months end. I'm not finding the time to keep the "notable weather" thread going at moment. :(

I've done monthly summary of the rainfall in May in the notables thread. Generally 2002 was wetter, but there are some exceptions.

Thanks for that, Mothman.

Advertisement