Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ace Combat style game for PC

Options
  • 21-05-2006 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

Could anyone recommend a PC flight sim that would be evocative of the Ace Combat/Air Combat games on the PS2 (i.e. high on the action, low on the technicalities and specifics of flying a plane)?. See, I loved those games but unfortunately my PS2 died a long time ago and have been wanting to play something similar on my PC without having to wade through a five hundred page manual to be able to do so. So any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks. Oh!, just one stipulation, no WWII flight sims please!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The Comanche series is the only thing that comes to mind, Comanche 4 being the latest. Kind of old, was released in 2001 I think but should still look pretty decent. It's obviously a heli game, not planes, but it has the same kind of action y feel as the ace combat games. Should be available pretty cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

IL2 sturmovik series all the way

I dusted down commanche 4 there last week and gave it a quick spin, it looks okay but it wouldnt recognise all the axis' on either of my joystick's so i gave up but it looks okay still

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Blazing angels would have had it if it didnt have some serious let downs

-poor controls (you cant re-bind controls)
    -near invincible player

Advertisement