Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question about Geography, planning and environmental policy

Options
  • 21-05-2006 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

What are the points for this course??
    Cant find it anywhere on the web.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

check the cao website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

i did. it doesnt say anywhere.
    i think its because its a new course. Hoping someone who has done it this year can tell me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

If it's a course that's being introduced this year, it's impossible to guess as the pints a course requires is related to the demand for the course and a new course has no precedence to guess from.

If it had been available last year, I would presume its points requirements to be on the cao website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

http://www2.cao.ie/points/LVL8_05.PDF

Thats the CAO link. The course started last september but they dont show the points for it.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Oh, well that's odd. Maybe you could email/ telephone the cao office in Galway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

#15 wrote:
    http://www2.cao.ie/points/LVL8_05.PDF

Thats the CAO link. The course started last september but they dont show the points for it.:confused:

From what I know Geography, Planning and Environmental Policy was part of the Arts course this year and not a stand alone course.

i.e. this year a student doing Arts could choose Planning and Environmental Policy as an Arts subject with Geography to be chosen alongside that being compulsory. In total this accounted for 40 credits and students who chose to do Geography, Planning and Environmental Policy would have choose either a subject/subjects/electives accounting for a further 20 credits. As you can see from here this was the stucture of Geography/PEP as part of Arts from this year.

In other words technically Geography/PEP is a new course for 2006/2007 but it has had a year under its belt as part of Arts. I dunno if it's still going to be part of the traditional Arts course or if it's simply going to be only a stand alone course. I would imagine that points for this course will be higher than Arts but it's impossible to say how much since it's a new course.

Off Topic: I would have loved to have done this course! :(

Advertisement