Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

external hard drive for audio.

• 21-05-2006 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

im probably gonna get one some time soon.

any sugestions on a reasonably priced one?

it just gonna be used for my own demos etc done on pro tools le.

i was looking at an 80g glyph fire wire drive.

but im no expert!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

PC World were doing a deal on a 320gb external Toshiba USB2 drive for €160 or thereabouts a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty nifty, especially for the money. I don't know if it's still available though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

Get one bigger than 80gb, I'd say.
    Dunno what hardware you're using, but I know digidesign highly recommends using a drive with an oxford 911 chipset with the 002r.
    Check the compatibility spiel on their site for your hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

everyone using protools seems to use a lacie drive. i have one and it's great. check out the pro tools forums and you'll find the recommended ones.

Advertisement