Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limp Bizkit Update - Fred Durst

• 21-05-2006 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Limp Bizkit's future remains uncertain. There was a mention of two future Limp Bizkit albums in various Limp Bizkit websites and interviews. A follow up to The Unquestionable Truth Part 1, and an untitled second full length album was planned. However, since the release of The Unquestionable Truth Part 1, the band has remained extremely quiet.

Due to the silence, Wes Borland eventually spoke up about the status of Limp Bizkit while preparing for his other band/project, during March 2006 in an interview with MTV. Wes stated that he has no plans on working with Limp Bizkit in the future, and that they were "officially on hiatus, maybe even officially over". He claims that "No one said, 'We're done as a band'. Everyone's just doing their own thing, and some members don't have time for this band anymore."[13]

Wes has continually insisted in his blogs and interviews that he hasn’t actually quit the band though; rather instead he is focusing on Black Light Burns.

Fred Durst eventually commented on Wes' comments on the band and its status through his own Myspace.com, that lead to an online fued between the two band mates on there own myspace blogs were they attacked each other and the status of the band.

Fred eventually went on to say that The Unquestionable Truth Part 2 was to be released. He claims that " TUT2 will have songs that me and Ross Robinson produced with Wes on guitar as well as songs that do not have Wes on guitar. It will be a full length album and not an EP. It will be on the more aggressive side of nature and appeal to those who feed off of the heavier side of Limp Bizkit. My vocals will resemble more of the older style of vocals on earlier albums and be much more of a 'limp bizkit approach' than an experimental approach, like TUT1. "[14]

He also goes on to say the band will tour after he finish's directing his first motion picture film. [15]

Despite Fred's comments, many fans believe an album release won't happen, and the idea of touring isn’t possible without a dedicated guitarist.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Honestly does anyone care anymore about this "band"

I remember the hype surrounding them when Korn introduced them to the world - and I could see the appeal, although to me they seemed...well crap

I have always though Fred Durst as a frontman was exceptional weak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

They may not be everybodies cup of tea but you gotta love the soap opera that they are.
    Their career looks like it should have been a reality tv show....I wonder if this film he's directing is about Limp Bizkit's career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dave_lee_roth

if you like limp whatever,you're f'n sad bastard.these guys really get up my nose.f*** limp bizkit.if you want to check out some decent new american metal listen to disturbed,not these talentless a*****s.the most hated band on the planet.yeah they gave the kiss of death to the world trade centre after making that video there...again f*** EM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dave_lee_roth

limp muppets ha ha aha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

cant believe him and wes were still talking up until ut1. How many times has that band, esp those 2 been on again/off again? Wes must have left on at least 3 occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Here's hoping for another Bigdumbface album!

*cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

if you like limp whatever,you're f'n sad bastard.these guys really get up my nose.f*** limp bizkit.if you want to check out some decent new american metal listen to disturbed,not these talentless a*****s.the most hated band on the planet.yeah they gave the kiss of death to the world trade centre after making that video there...again f*** EM
    lol, just, lol :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭killswitch

anyone else think that fred durst is getting chinese democracy syndrome?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

anyone else think that fred durst is getting chinese democracy syndrome?

i think he has "i'm jelouse of wes borland" syndrome.

borland has no ties with them anymore, he's been working with danny lohner on borlands new band Black Light Burns. theres some samples on their myspace page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Alright, I'm closing this before it gets completely out of hand.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement