Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40 inch TV with HDMI for around 2K??

• 21-05-2006 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Can anyone offer any suggestions??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

The samsung is the way to go if u ask me:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=319650

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

Has anyone seen these Samsung 40" LCD's in action?

I heard that there can be ghosting and traces etc when viewing footie on LCD's above 32"....is there any truth to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

I think id have to agree with dajaffa. Ive been looking for somewhere to buy the Samsung SP50L7HX 50 inch rear-pro DLP TV but just cant find anywhere in Ireland to buy or anywhere to import at reasonable price. It seem im gonna settle for a Samsung LCD if i cant get one before the world cup.

However id go for the LE40M61B rather than the older LE40R71B for the better contast. Its about €150 extra on http://www.komplett.ie .BTW http://www.katronics.de have the M61B and R71B for what looks to be cheaper than komplett even with delivery. Check it out

Dots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

xanthor wrote:
    Can anyone offer any suggestions??

Thanks

Posted this on another site, but I came accross this 42" Plasma HD Ready from Panasonic for an amazing price:

Panasonic TH-42PV60E
    http://www.katronics.de/index.php?Artikel_ID=1957&Kat=148&oberkat=45&Tiefe=3&show=1&details=1957&click_count=1&amax=2000#_details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

Conar wrote:

I heard that there can be ghosting and traces etc when viewing footie on LCD's above 32"....is there any truth to this?

My friends have the 40incher from Samsung.

It was on special in Currys a few months back.

ATM they only have a standard Analogue ntl connection and it still looks good IMO, I even watched a few footie matchs on it. Seemed fine.

I have the 32incher from sammy and I have ntl digital and I thinks its great.

Good luck

Never have any complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

Nice one.
    So in my mind I'd be mad to get a 42" Plasma when the Samsung 40" LCD is going for such a great price. Better resolution, sturdier technology etc.
    Do you guys agree?

Can't wait till my SSIA matures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭YoYOPowder

Dotsie~tmp wrote:

However id go for the LE40M61B rather than the older LE40R71B for the better contast. Its about €150 extra on http://www.komplett.ie .BTW http://www.katronics.de have the M61B and R71B for what looks to be cheaper than komplett even with delivery. Check it out

Dots.
    Not sure where you're getting this from? Correct me if Im wrong, but the Samsungs are a bit confusing at the mo, but by my reckoning, the R7 series is actually a higher spec, both in contrast and colours and is cheaper. There is a new LE40M71 due out, now this has higher contrast and two HDMI connections, but its an extra €500, so id go for the R7 40"
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/television/tftlcd/le26r74bdxxeu.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

Conar wrote:
    Nice one.
    So in my mind I'd be mad to get a 42" Plasma when the Samsung 40" LCD is going for such a great price. Better resolution, sturdier technology etc.
    Do you guys agree?

Can't wait till my SSIA matures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think its the other way round myself. Panasonic Plasma's are one of the best you can get and for that money - there is no contest over the Samsung LCD (IMO)

I have both an LCD and Plasma and for all round ability the Plasma wins hands down. Try watching football and rugby on an lcd and on a plasma and compare, then make your decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Conar wrote:

I have the 37" no gosting or traces - the responce time is 8ms. It is impossible for the human eye to see any gosting under i think 20ms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭YoYOPowder

Maxwell wrote:
    I think its the other way round myself. Panasonic Plasma's are one of the best you can get and for that money - there is no contest over the Samsung LCD (IMO)

I have both an LCD and Plasma and for all round ability the Plasma wins hands down. Try watching football and rugby on an lcd and on a plasma and compare, then make your decision.

That's interesting, and I aint disagreeing with you Maxwell, and I dont want to start the Plasma V LCD debate again, but here's the thing. I was a Plasma fan, and could not see what these LCD's were all about, Football as you mentioned looked terrible, and while I think they have the black thing sorted, grey looks terrible and the screens look to be wavering. So it was Plasma for me, and Plasma means Panasonic. So along I went, money in pocket down to an Electrical store in town. On the way in I spotted the the new Sony 40" LCD W Series. Well I had the guy (very pleasant and helpful) in the shops heart broken. I asked him could we pull them side by side (Panasonic PV60 V Bravia W Series), and he duly obliged. We comapared the matrix on DVD, but not on togther obviously, SKY Sports Snooker and football at the same time. HD content from a Hard Drive at the same time. HD was using HDMI and Sky and DVD was a mixture of Scart and S Video. The LCD blew away the Plasma with HD content, no comparison, it was that much better. Watching the matrix (very fast sequence), I originally thought the LCD was better also, but one grey shot looked terrible, so I'll call this a draw. Watching SKY, Id say the Plasma shaded it. The best way I can sum it up was that LCD when better, it was so much better, but when the LCD was worst it was so much worst. So where did that leave me? Well I walked in about to order the Panny PV60 and left with nothing. BTW, there was someone with me, he sided with the LCD big time. The conclusion I drew from all this was that the future is HD, which in my mind means LCD, but right now Im just not sure but leaning towards LCD after wrecking that poor lads head. If he wasn't so helpful, I would have bought the Panny. Go figure :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement