Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I getting the wrong end of the stick?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

This sort of polemic does no one any good. Acusing the RC church of systematic child abuse is plain silly. No one in their right mind believes that the church in any way ordered or planned the abuse of children.

The accusation normally leveled against the church is that they covered it up and ignored it. Here I also disagree with the view that they did anything wrong. The church is not a police force and has no investigatory or disciplinary powers. If I am accused of a crime it is not my employers responsibility to investigate it or punish me (and yes I accept that they have a responsibility to co-operate fully with a legal investigation and that the RC church most likely did not do this).

We have a police force and a courts system to investigate and punish wrong-doers - if these cases were not investigated then look to those whose job it was to do this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Pocari - why do you make me do this?

The obviously still haven't read the charter so now I have to make you disappear for a while again. You can come back maybe in a week if you can convince me of a reason why.

Bye bye.

lightning6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Sorry to go a bit monty python, I often forget this sometimes offends the odd bod.

Its your message board baby.
    The bible doesn't mention dinosaurs because they'd died out when it was written.

Dinosaurs died out 75 million years ago.
    The bible is max 5000 years old.

MM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Stephen wrote:
    Bill Hicks has an answer for everything :)

LOL, :D why do the great die so young.:(

Advertisement