Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stair Na Gaeilge - Help urgently needed!

• 21-05-2006 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Can anyone please help me out? Which ones are the easiest ones to learn/tipped to come up? Our teacher is hopeless and we haven't even the poetry done, never mind looking at this :( Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭whassupp

learn gaeilge mar teanga ceilteach, ogham, gluaiseanna, Ruraiocht (and an example of it),An dan direach and dan gra, Colaiste lovain, Aisling Pholitiuil, na cuirteanna filiocht, meath na gaeilge (18th and 19th century) and bealoidis na gaeilge (youll know some of this from cearrbhach mc caba).

That should have you covered even though its still alot to learn. Forget about poets or writers. There are too many ot them and if you learn opne you may aswell learn them all.

The topics above cover wht has come up in the exam papers for the last 5 or 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Thanks for that :D

I thought they're were two different "bealoidis na gaeilge" :confused: Someone said there's the Cearbach one and then the Stair one :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

ogham came up last year - i highly doubt it would be up again!

Also too add to the list an dán grá and an t-amhran grá

Rob30888 wrote:
    I thought they're were two different "bealoidis na gaeilge" :confused: Someone said there's the Cearbach one and then the Stair one :confused:

Ya but bealoidis is basically the same for both. Cearrbhach is a good example of a bealoidis story because of the whole 7 years thing, the 3 wishes etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

whassupp wrote:
    Ya but bealoidis is basically the same for both. Cearrbhach is a good example of a bealoidis story because of the whole 7 years thing, the 3 wishes etc....

Thanks :D Just to clarify, could you say Cearrbach is an example?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

An Ruraíocht or An Fhiannaíocht, one of them almost always comes up bar last year(there was war because of it) Which hopefully will garauntee 1 of them for this year!
    I'm thinking of just learning those as then I'll have half the marks for the Stair and that will do me fine, don't wanna waste my time studying my arse off for like 4%

Rob30888 wrote:
    Thanks :D Just to clarify, could you say Cearrbach is an example?

Ya i think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Lois De Paor and Mairtín Ó Caidhn(phonetic spelling, you know the one).
    Oh god, I can't even spell it - this is bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭happydance

Don't forget and Mathair, you've probably learn't something about the things done by 3 and the fiannaiocht imagery!

I'm not to sure of the ruraiocht or fiannaiocht, did you notice the official sample paper didn't have either of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

I Hate Irish!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement