Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mega Drive

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was just in the old games room this morning, sadly neglected these days, have a 3 year old to thank there, and I powered up the megadrive/32x and Mega CD, lovely jubbly, had a lash on Virtua Racing, Thunderforce IV and Sonic CD, great stuff, if only my NES was as reliable, just about let me play a spot of Wild Gunman and Kirby this morning, I am not a happy camper, and thats with the main connector inside replaced a couple of months ago, I still get the flashing grey screen of depression, makes me mad I tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Local Goddess

Ah thats a pity, bring it to the place you got it fixed and tell them you want it done again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Must go check what MD/CD/32X games I have still ... shall post later :D

Only reason I ever wanted a SNES was for Shadowrun, which was sweet.

Off the top of my head I have:

MegaDrive:
    Sonic the hedgehog I, II, 3D
    Desert Strike
    Jungle Strike
    Corporation
    Dune 2: Battle for Arrakis
    Alien 3
    Street Fighter 2: Championship Edition
    Speedball 2
    Flashback
    Micro Machines 2: Turbo Edition
    Megalomania
    Power Monger
    Syndicate
    Terminator 2 (arcade game)
    Toe Jam & Earl
    Cannon Fodder
    Eswat

32X:
    Doom
    Star Wars
    Virtua Fighter
    FIFA 9something (can't remember which one - 95 ot 96 maybe?)

Mega-CD:
    Lethal Enforcers (plus the light-gun)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    I was just in the old games room this morning, sadly neglected these days, have a 3 year old to thank there, and I powered up the megadrive/32x and Mega CD, lovely jubbly, had a lash on Virtua Racing, Thunderforce IV and Sonic CD, great stuff, if only my NES was as reliable, just about let me play a spot of Wild Gunman and Kirby this morning, I am not a happy camper, and thats with the main connector inside replaced a couple of months ago, I still get the flashing grey screen of depression, makes me mad I tell you.

I loved Thunderforce IV, it took me forever to clear it :) Lots o' levels and the bg music in it was super.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Lemming wrote:

Only reason I ever wanted a SNES was for Shadowrun, which was sweet.

Thats coming out on pc, and xbox360 later this year afaik? Live anywhere multiformat, the whole shabang :D Sounds great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Thats coming out on pc, and xbox360 later this year afaik? Live anywhere multiformat, the whole shabang :D Sounds great.

I have the game for my SNES emu, so I'm happy. There was a megadrive version as well apparently that never made it out of the US "Genesis" market. I have that as well on emu, but it just doesn't compare with the SNES version sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Have to say my all time personal favourite game on the MD was Mega-lo-mania. Pure magic so it was. I never throught SF2 was as good on the MD as it was on the SNES particularly when it came to sound.

That said, now this may just be me, but MK didn't have a patch on street fighter. I only ever played it for the fatalities outside of that the game was extremely limited. I finished the whole game after a couple of days of trying. SF2 took me ages it was/is the complete all round skill based fighting game.

Also loved Tekken and Tekken 2 on the DC (or was it the saturn!)...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Tekken and Tekken 2 were PSOne exclusives, no?

Also, SF2 wasn't difficult, and indeed could be finished using only a single move again and again and again. Still better than MK though! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

MK definitely wasn't a patch on SF2 and the SNES versions were far better than the MD versions of both SF2 and the MK games from 2 onwards.

Tekken was on the Playstation!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mortal Kombat sucked and has always sucked, never a big fan of SF2 either, in fact the only fighting game I ever enjoyed was Tekken 3, go figure.
    As for the Megadrive, and the Snes for that matter, we can only hope that the trend for re-releasing classics either updates or sequels will continue on the GBA and DS, awaiting ChronoTrigger, I have it on the Xbox but its not the same.
    As for the repair on the Nes, my brother ordered it and fitted it, and the machine worked a treat initially but was soon back to its flashing days, I may request a pocket fami for fathers day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Had a MD and 32X and a load of sweet games but no one has an idea what happened to em :/

So.. I bought me a mint condition boxed mark 1 megadrive yesterday with boxed versions Sonic 1 and 2, Street of Rage 1, Micro Machines and Gunstar Heroes :):) : ) Gotta get me SOR2 (possibly 3 if I can find a reasonably priced one), SF2, Earthworm Jim, Cool Spot, Desert Strike Series. Also got myself an official 6 button pad too :) Am delighted.

Will go nicely with me Snes, N64 and Saturn.. All that is left now is a Dreamcast, 32X, MegaCD, Master System and NES :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Mortal Kombat sucked and has always sucked, never a big fan of SF2 either, in fact the only fighting game I ever enjoyed was Tekken 3, go figure.

For god sake! SF2 is a martial art compared to the slow dullness of Tekken.
    So.. I bought me a mint condition boxed mark 1 megadrive yesterday with boxed versions Sonic 1 and 2, Street of Rage 1, Micro Machines and Gunstar Heroes : )

Jammy bastard! Someone robbed my copy and can't afford to replace it. Gunstar Heroes alone is probably worth what you paid for the full package.

Bought the Megadrive on one auction for 25 euro and had 6 unboxed games bundled with it..

Bought the rest of the games seperately with Gunstart Heroes in particular costing me 21 euro.. The other games were bought in seperate auctions and came to about 4 euro each. Everything has got to be boxed!!

All in all, I have bought the following in the past 2 weeks:

Boxed Snes Console and Starfox bundle
    Boxed Super Mario Kart
    Boxed Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Boxed N64 Console
    Boxed Mario 64
    Boxed Goldeneye
    Boxed Bamjo Kazooie

Boxed Megadrive Console with a bundle of 6 poxy game
    Boxed Sonic 1
    Boxed Sonic 2
    Boxed Gunstar Heroes
    Boxed Streets of Rage
    Boxed Micro Machines
    Official 6 button controller

Boxed Fighters Megamix
    Boxed Fighting Vipers

Still loads more games to buy along with 2 or 3 consoles :)

The most annoying thing about ebay is the auctions that you miss by accident. Missed a handful of guality games because i forgot. By the time I remember its always too late.

Somebodies got themselves a job for the summer :)

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Somebodies got themselves a job for the summer :)

Haha am 26 mate and out of college 3 years ;) The timing is just coincidence..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

There was a Tekken Vs Virtua Fighter on the Mega Drive. And Virtua Fighter was on the Master System. They were both absolute ****e but they were on there nevertheless!

Anybody who's a Street Fighter fan will find this video a must watch. I was crying laughing at it.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3599345813932688090&q=street+fighter&pl=true

Advertisement