Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asynchronous data transfers: Class design

Options
  • 21-05-2006 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there's a good tutorial out there which guides the user through a little project which develops an app using asynchronous sockets (and possibly WebRequests).

I'm going to be developing a bittorrent library in C# over the summer, and i've never really dealt with more than 10 simultaenous connections, and i just used 10 threads for that (i know, it's a bad way to do it :P). So, any advice/tips links would be helpful. I've been doing a bit of googling about the topic, and i've come across a fair few examples that use an IM type program as the example.

Also, is there a good book that gives a good background description of how to set up the class structure needed to allow efficient controlling of all these connections? i.e. so i have the ability to limit overall number of connections, number of connections on a per-torrent basis, and limit overall upload/download speed etc etc. All i can think is that everytime i want to send or recieve data it should go through a "connection manager" type class, but i have no idea how to implement something like that. The connection manager would be where i limit the download/upload rate etc.

Also, is there anyone here who's used these and wouldn't mind answering a few questions i have at the moment?

Advertisement