Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sli woes

Options
  • 22-05-2006 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

cant believe it
    still getting those stupid nvidia sentinal messages about not enough power going to the cards, then it throttles them even though i stuck a 500watt enermax liberty in :mad:, this is on the fatality mobo rig

bios reports 12.xx on the 12volt and 5 and 3 are fine too
    could be a bug in the nvidia drivers 9wouldnt be a first :rolleyes:)

anyone experienced this before

the 6600gts i have dont have a power socket and get the power from the mobo and they are not overclocked either, damn:mad:

only thing is mbm reports 12volt as 6.5volt but sandra reports it as 11.9x

so it could be an issue with some software reading it incorrectly

anyone have this problem before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Malafus

I had a single 6600gt getting the same error, it was expecting input from a power connector, when of course it was being powered off the pci-e slot.

The solution, at least for me, was as simple as getting new drivers.

Edit: Actually, it wasn't quite that simple. I had to get new video card drivers, and then I had to remove another nVidia driver from my machine; the nForce firewall is woeful, and seemed to conflict with everything, so I removed the drivers for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Malafus wrote:
    I had a single 6600gt getting the same error, it was expecting input from a power connector, when of course it was being powered off the pci-e slot.

The solution, at least for me, was as simple as getting new drivers.

Edit: Actually, it wasn't quite that simple. I had to get new video card drivers, and then I had to remove another nVidia driver from my machine; the nForce firewall is woeful, and seemed to conflict with everything, so I removed the drivers for it.

im on the latest drivers though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You said they are powered of the motherboard. Is there a molex power connector on the motherboard? If so, these are often used to provide extra power to the mb. Might help.

You said they are powered of the motherboard. Is there a molex power connector on the motherboard? If so, these are often used to provide extra power to the mb. Might help.

yeh that is plugged in and active

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

ghey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

What chipset drivers are you using? Are you using the nForce firewall/nF4 ethernet?

it is an nforce4 chipset but i dont use the nforce firewall
    i suppose i could try updating to the latest nforce drivers, only thing is .. this caused me no end of trouble when i updated the drivers on another machine,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Malafus

gline wrote:
    it is an nforce4 chipset but i dont use the nforce firewall
    i suppose i could try updating to the latest nforce drivers, only thing is .. this caused me no end of trouble when i updated the drivers on another machine,

Are the nforce firewall drivers actually uninstalled, though? I disabled the firewall, and I was still getting problems. I had to remove the drivers entirely to sort that problem. In the process, I updated to the latest (at the time) nforce drivers, and although I had some (read: a lot of) teething problems, I eventually got it working.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Get a loan of a Multimeter and check the 12v rails.

Althought it is very unlikely to have the same problem with 2 PSUs, and a 500watt enermax libery is more than enough for 2 6600gts.....

Are you using a SLI bridge?

Do both cards work perfectly on their own?

well i just installed new nforce drivers and used driver cleaner to remove the forcewares and installed new ones from 3d guru and played bf2 for 30mins and didnt get the error message so fingers crossed its ok

• Advertisement

conzymaher wrote:
    Get a loan of a Multimeter and check the 12v rails.

Althought it is very unlikely to have the same problem with 2 PSUs, and a 500watt enermax libery is more than enough for 2 6600gts.....

Are you using a SLI bridge?

Do both cards work perfectly on their own?

yeh using a bridge and both cards are fine, i odnt think it is the psu, both were quality psus i used with it
    i might be fixed now, il have to test it out more tomorrow

Advertisement