Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Prediction League!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

within a few minutes of kick off...once kick off occurs, the match is locked out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

what a disgrace how did they not get another goal :( ohh well i have 700 points now so not so bad :)

Thats it!

Thats the last time i predict any team is gonna win by more than 1 goal!
    its just not working out!!!!!!

i know im in rage ere lol..will go 1-0 to italy 2morrow and then if italy win by more than 1 goal go 2-0 to czech...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

just checked back on this now.. i'm somehow joint 2nd with 1000pts (username: scrappy)...

time to start editing my predictions and surely mess it up..

damn it anyways i was gonna change my japan one on to 1-0 to japan...i taught it was on last as its in group F whats going on there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

****. After missing two match-days I think I must bow out! :(

omg i done the stupidest thing ever i had mine as 2-0 to czech and changed it to 1-0 in the last minute :( hope they get another goal or USA score...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

Had the Czechs for a 3-1 win - oh so close :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

ah yes!, had italy for the 2-0, tried to change it just before the game but it wouldnt let me so thank god for that

omg, what a bad day, had japan to win and the US to nick a draw, lol. Thank fudge i just got a perfect score on the Italian Game

yes i had italy for 2-0 thats me on 1300points want ta get some correct scores tommorow aswell...

yeah i had japan for the win too, if they had gotten that penalty at the end it could of well ended up 2-1 and i woulda been set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭samb

I had Japan to win 1-0 but with that goalie I will not back them to hold a clean sheet thier remaining TWO matches. Must change my Ghana Vs USA prediction to a victory for Ghana after tonights impressive performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dammit i've been a goal out on the last 3 games. I had

Italy 2 Vs 1 Ghana

USA 1 Vs 3 Czech Republic

Australia 2 Vs 1 Japan

Also had T& T V Sweden as a draw but had 1-1.

• Advertisement

ohh thats gotta be a pain in the ass there lol..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

800 points atm,dont know why i bother:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Stekelly wrote:
    Dammit i've been a goal out on the last 3 games. I had
    Fair play with your predictions btw! 10 out of 11 is superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

omg, what a bad day, had japan to win and the US to nick a draw, lol. Thank fudge i just got a perfect score on the Italian Game

LOL! Had the same with Japan, same with the US and had 3-0 to Italy. You think your day was bad :(

Anyone tried the Eurosport game?

omg im sure 2day was a bad day for every1 like france absoulutely suked 2day i dont think they will qualify...and i had brasil as 2-0 lost by a goal..ohh well might have a better day 2morrow

• Advertisement

yesterday was terrible as afr as i'm concerned, i had the ukranians getting a draw, the Tunisians getting a win (after previously having it as a 2-2 draw:mad: ), and the germans just about managed to get me 100 points at the end.
    i just need the costa ricans to get one goal back in the match now and i'll be off to a winner

had a good day yesterday, got myself back into the top 5 and Ecuador just score me another 100 points today...but i need England to actually play in the second half here

though secretly, i really want T&T to win it! :D

Phew, got the england win and got perfect score in the sweden game

2200 points now i think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭samb

The English gave me only my second perfect score so I must be grateful. No idea what to predict for Eng Vs Sweden. If the English get some confidence I think they could still be a force, I find it amazing how so many wonderful players can play so badly. IMO put Lennon and Carriger in instead of Beckham and Ferdinand. Make Gerrard or Terry captain and the players would respond well.

yes...i done a great improvement 2day im on 2300 points now guessed both england and sweden game right but went for a 1-1 draw with costa rica and ecudor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

No good at predicting but joined up anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

Anyone get that 6-0? ;)

haha lol i dont think so

Man, i should have been a gambler! i'd be making a fortune on this, lol :) yay, top by 300 points now and im 20th on the overall game! its all gotta fall apart soon tho, lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Why is the score of the guy in 1st place blanked out?

• Advertisement

its a boards league glitch....the guy "brian17" doesnt appear on the overall leaderboard at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

now this gets interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

this is good fun

i was great for the first 2 weeks, but now im starting to slowly collapse like a flan in the cupboard

Well that's just great! I wrap up the league with a game less predicted and a day to spare but I *still* only get to be listed as 2nd thanks to whatever Brian017 did when he was registering. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I must be bottom, but I'd like to point out that I quit after missing the first weekend of fixtures :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Pigman II wrote:
    Well that's just great! I wrap up the league with a game less predicted and a day to spare but I *still* only get to be listed as 2nd thanks to whatever Brian017 did when he was registering. :)

I led for most of the way up until the quarter finals but my later predictions were just woeful .

Well done pigman II and hopefully I don't drop to third after the final game .

Big Ears wrote:
    I led for most of the way up until the quarter finals but my later predictions were just woeful .

Well done pigman II and hopefully I don't drop to third after the final game .

Cheers man. Looks like you hung in there. I got another 100 tonight to finish 10th overall (unexpected surprise to be sure :) ).

Thanks to Eirebhoy and Stekelly for organising the game this year too btw.

Pigman II wrote:
    Cheers man. Looks like you hung in there. I got another 100 tonight to finish 10th overall (unexpected surprise to be sure :) ).

Thanks to Eirebhoy and Stekelly for organising the game this year too btw.

hey man,

did ya ever win anything thing...
    and well done...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It was a bit of fun, well done Pigman II. I just dodged relegation. :)

Thanks. Nope didn't win a thing. All I'm worried about now is that they find out I was bribing officials all the way thru and I get docked 30(00) pts.

Advertisement