Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless LAN, also Free to Air

Options
  • 22-05-2006 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

Ok my exams are over (well probably repeating in autumn)

earlier two contributors here offered advice re the above, but I can't seem to locate the threads.

1. cheapest method of sorting free to air tv thigy, dish and box, for my apartment and probably for my mums house, rememberng I'm NOT technically minded

2. sorting out getting my laptop to receive the cable broadband from from D Link DL 900AP Access Point, I think it might be a) the Access Pont is crap/obsolete, or/and b) my inability to understand the instructions even to locating my IP !!!
    I now also got a great little offer on a Dell 9150 so if I could set that up wirelessly in the back room it would be brilliant.

Reason I'm posting here is because two posters responded to stuff some time ago, DJPaul "I think" was one

AAAAh the freedom of no study :), loads of things to catch up on.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

For your 'free' sat system, you can check out the classified ads in the People. Am sure Daltons install them. Once off fee, they install a dish and box and give you a UK 'free-to-air' card.

That will give you all the BBC's, ITV, C4, C5 and some other channels, but not a lot. Obviously, you will not get any of the irish channels this way.

If you already have Sky Digital, you can go to eBay and buy a UK free-to-air card there and just pop it into your existing box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 kilkenny21m

I got free to air from Grays tv in John St. for a total of €200 including box and dish but had to install it myself. Daltons tv is €390 for all that but includes installation. I do hear however eletrical wholesavers are even cheaper than both shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Seán Ó hArgáin's free wireless broadband plan ftw!

Advertisement